Chapter Five

Here I go…

My hand was in the door knob. I twisted the doorknob for the door to open and pushed my arm so it would open. No turning back back now.

I walked into the building. It wasn’t huge and it was small. it was just the right size for a recording studio place. I walked towards Mr. Richards office. I knew where it was from the last time I was here. I got to his office and knocked on his door twice. I didn’t want to barge in so I knocked.

“Come in” I heard a males voice softly say though the door. I walked in like I was told so.

“Ah, hello Ms. Cunningham. Nice to see you again” he greeted while extending his hand. I gladly shook his hand.  

“Hello Mr. Richards. Glad to see you two. You can call me Hazel if you like it really doesn’t matter” I said with a smile.

“Great. Well Hazel, welcome to Atlantic Records!” he said with excitement “ Your desk is in the front, as you most likely seen walking in, theres a typewriter on your desk, all files that would be needed will be in the room next to the janitors closet. I hope you got that all, not to much for you?”

“Yes and no. Don’t worry Mr. Richards I’m sure I’ll find everything” I reassured him as I started to walk out of his office. “Thank you for the job, I promise you won’t be disappointed.”

I walked over towards my desk. Yup there was a typewriter sitting on top of the desk. It’s just sitting there waiting to be used. I did though have one of those chairs that span around and had wheels.

~Later on that same day~

The day went on pretty slowly. By the time lunch was going to happen, I had already finished half of my work. It wasn’t to bad, it’s work I just had to put some files away and staple papers and get Mr. Richards his lunch.  

I decided to take my “lunch break” now. I just sat at my desk with my granny smith apple slices and peanut butter and a bottle of water. I also had three strawberries, I can only have three, long story but they were nice big juicy strawberries. I was reading the newest issue of U.S. Rolling Stone magazine. They were doing an issue on what is to be seen at Woodstock this August. Everybody was super excited for Woodstock. I would kill to go to Woodstock but I have a job so it’s fine.

As I turned the page, since I was done reading that page, I heard the front door open and heard a couple male laughters. I looked up from the magazine to see that four young males were walking in. The four males were coming over to my desk.

One male had golden-blonde curly hair that looked like a mane upon his head. He was holding an envelope in his hand. The other male had light brown colored haired that seemed to fit his face well. The two other males had almost jet black hair. One had a mustache while the other had just curly hair wearing black sunglasses upon his face. Before they made it to my desk i made sure I it looked like I was doing something.

“Hello Miss” the blonde male had said to get my attention. “Me and my mates are here to talk to Mr. Richards. He had sent a letter to us on saturday”

“Ah yes um would you mind having a seat over there” I pointed towards the waiting area. “May I have your names first?”

“Yes of course. My name is Robert Plant” the blonde male answered.

“Jimmy Page” the male with the jet black curly hair and sunglasses answered with a smile taking off his glasses.

‘John Paul Jones” the male with light brown hair answered shyly

“Bonham, John Bonham” the mustache guy said.

After I took their names they went to go sit down on the couches in the waiting area. I got out of my desk and grabbed an apple slice before walking towards Mr. Richards office. I couldn’t help but feel a pair of eyes looking at me as I walked away. It’s probably nothing.

Once I got to Mr. Richards office I knocked on his door even though it was fully open. Always knock cause you never know if the person is busy.

“Yes Hazel” Mr. Richards asked looking up from his work for a quick second.

“Mr. Richards, um four males are out waiting for you, a Mr. Plant, Mr. Page, Mr. Jones, and a Mr. Bonham” I read their names off my little note thing I made.

“Ah yes the young lads from Led Zeppelin. Tell them I’ll be with them shortly” he said not looking up from his work.

With that I left his office to go to the front desk, or my desk.

“Excuse me gentlemen but Mr. Richards will be with you shortly” I had said with a smile. “May I get you guys water...tea...coffee...soda?”

The four of them looked at each other. “Water will be great for the four of us” Mr. Plant said for the four of them.

I went to get them bottles of water from the fridge. They would be nice and cold since they're from the fridge. I walked towards the fridge in the room with the files. I got back and handed them the water which they all thanked me for. I asked if they wanted anything else but they said no thank you so I went back to my desk to finish reading my article and eat my lunch.

I had finished reading the article in the magazine when Mr. Richards came from his office.

“Hello lads” he greeted for four males “nice to meet the four of you. I’m sure you’ve gotten my letter?”

“Yes Mr. Richards sir. It’s a pleasure to meet you! I’m Robert Plant, thats Jimmy, John Paul Jones and John Bonham” Mr. Plant said while extending his hand. Mr. Richards accepted it and shook all four males hands.

“Ah yes wonderful” Mr. Richards seemed excited “I’m very glad to you lads can come. Um Ms. Cunningham do you mind getting a contract form from the filing room for me?”

“No sir I wouldn't mind. I’ll bring it to your office once i get it” I told him with a smile and walked towards the filing room to get what they needed.

I do have to say this but that Mr. Page guy is really something.