Chapter One

Its the fifth of June in 1969. It was the last Wednesday of school, well last day in general, and last Wednesday in America. On Friday I leave to go to my new job, all the way in England. London, England to be exact.

I'll be working at a recording studio called Atlantic Records. I wont be helping out in the studio, i wish i was but sadly I'll just be a receptionist. Which isn't all that bad. Im lucky that I actually got a job. Plus I’ll be staying with my cousin Sarah. I went to London during Spring break and stayed with her. We stopped at a music shop to pick up a new record since we got bored and wanted something different. I think we picked up this band called The Yardbirds. Sarah loved it but I wasn’t such a fan. Anyways while we were there I seen an Ad for Atlantic Records. They were hiring for a new receptionist so I called them up and got an interview. The guy Mr. Richards was surprised how determined and sweet I was and said I got the job. I told him I was still in school for two more months back in America and he was so okay with it. He said once I was done with school I get the job. Sweet right?

Anyways, today is the last day of High School. Tonight I graduate and Friday I leave. IM going to stay with Sarah till I get enough money for my own flat.

It was last period of the whole entire school year. I was talking to my girlfriend Stella. She was about what she was doing this summer. Her and her boyfriend, Mike, were going to Woodstock in August. I wanted to go but I'm leaving for work before it happens and I dont want to miss work so soon. Though soon enough when I was getting a little jealous of Stella’s plans the bell had wrong. There were tons of cheerful screams going around. everyone was excited that the summer has finally came and that there is absolutely no work to be done, unless you have a job. than thats different.

~ Four Hours Later~

“Joseph Cuccinelli’ my soon to be ex-principal, Mr. Puckett called up my friend Joe.

Joe was a good guy. He was really smart but not smart enough. He was going to join the Army as soon as possible. God help his soul. Hes putting his life in danger with the Vietnam War going on. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid and just runs.

“Hazel Cunningham” I was snapped out of my thoughts as my name was called.

This was it. No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers and mostly no more test. It felt nice getting my diploma from Mr. Puckett and shaking hands with him.

The last guy, Zack Zachman went up to get his diploma. He was going to NYU on a baseball scholarship as a first baseman. He was really good to.

“I just want to Congratulate each person once again who is graduating today” Mr. Puckett said into the microphone “I remember when all you boys and girls were just starting school as freshman.. Enough with the sob story but CONGRATS TO THE CLASS OF 1969”

And with that there was a plethora amount of cheers and claps. The whole class of 1969 stood up and thrown our caps in the air. I had my name written in it so that it wouldn’t get taken and I could keep it.

Tonight was amazing. Probably the best night of my life so far.

I just can’t wait for Friday.