Chapter Ten

~The Next Week on Saturday (Day of the concert)~

‘I miss you guys so much. How’s mom been holding up since I’ve left. I know she was a mess when I left.’

‘She’s been holding up just fine. Dads been walking past your room every couple minutes. I think he misses you the most.’

‘Well yeah I'm daddys little girl. Hows Lisa doing?’

‘Shes doing well. She actually has a gentleman from school over. Can you believe it?’

‘No I can’t. Well shit shes doing better than me. What about you have any girls over?’

‘Yes and no. Were just friends at the moment but I think I’m going to ask her out. Do you remember Rose?’

‘Of course I do. You guys use to hang out when you were kids.’

‘Well she moved back here and well we're going to the movies tonight.’

‘Thats wonderful. Tell her I said Hi’

‘Will do. How about you? Has a guy took interest in you over there?’

“I'm not sure but I think he is. He invited me and Sarah to see his band play tonight. He’s really nice but I think he just wants to do you know what. Plus he’s a rockstar theres no way he actually wants me.’

‘Yeah but you know better. Well I have to go and I'm sure you have to go also. Oh before I hang up I sent you some things in the mail I hope you get it soon.’

‘I’ll keep my eyes out for it. Later Chris’

With that the line went dead. It was really nice that Christopher called. I mean I haven’t seen him in like a month and it didn’t help that I didn't call in forever.

Sarah was getting ready for tonight. I mean like getting into the shower and shit like that. I’ve been ready for an hour. We literally have one hour and thirty minutes before we have to go. She better hurry up. I was ready. Besides putting on my shoes I was ready. I was wearing a white shirt and faded blue jeans. I didn't want to look to fancy or not nice enough but I thought that was good. I had my hair somewhat pulled back but not really.

~One Hour Thirty Minutes Later~

We pulled up to the English Maid. I drove to the English Maid. Let me tell you it wasn't easy. It was pretty nerve racking. Very different from driving back home. But somehow I didn't cause any accidents. Sarah agreed to drive home due to the fact she didn't trust me driving and I was a horrid driver. When we got in the English Maid I went straight to the bar.

“Shot of Daniels. Please” I order myself a shot of Daniels “and a glass of coke”

“You and this Daniels. What are you gonna do when you can’t drink?” Sarah asked

“Well I can always drink soda like you” I stuck out my tongue joking to her.

“Ah whatever. I will never drink in my life”

“Thats what I said before I had my first shot” I teased Sarah before taking the shot.

It was just about time when Led Zeppelin was going to play. Sarah choose to stand in the the middle of the crowd. It was a nice crowd they had. Nothing like the crowds back home. I mean the crowd for The Velvet Underground was huge. But it was still a decent crowd they had.

In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man, Now I’ve reach that age, I’ve tried to do all those things the best I can. No matter how I try, I find my way into the same old jam.

Good Times, Bad Times, you know I had my share; When my woman left my home for a brown eyed man, Well, I still don’t seem to care.

This song was amazing. I heard it before but this was something different. It was just so amazing. Theres something about them that I have a feeling they’re going to make it big.

~One Hour and Thirty Minutes Later~

The show was absolutely amazing . They played some songs off their first album they just recently made. They also played a couple songs off their second album that they are just about to make. To be honest they weren’t bad at all. Sarah was blown away of how great they were. Jimmy spotted me a couple times during the show. I smiled and gave a small wave to him which he returned with a big smile.

Theres something about him that I just don’t know about. Hes probably not even interested in me. I'm really nothing special. I know I shouldn’t put myself down it’s just I don’t know. Hes a rockstar who he can get with anyone. I'm nothing special just a girl from a small town.

“Ah Hazel I'm so glad you can make it.” Jimmy said coming over to us “How was the somewhat small show?”

“It was great. You guys are really amazing!” I said while giving him a friendly hug “God your so sweaty!”

“Well yeah love I just got done playing” he joked while a big smile appeared on his face, I just love his smile. “And you must be Hazels cousin?”

“Yes, Sarah. You guys were amazing” Sarah extended her hand that Jimmy took and shook.

“Jimmy and thank you its great that you enjoyed the show”

“I'm sorry Jimmy but we have to go home. I have something to do tomorrow” Sarah said “It was a pleasure meeting you”

“Nah don’t be sorry its fine I understand. I’ll um see you Monday Hazel”

“Bye Jimmy yeah I’ll see you Monday. Great show once again” I said before walking out the door.

On the way back home it was a silent drive. I still can't get over the show. It was amazing. Really amazing Stella would of loved the show. Once we got home it wasn't silent anymore.

“He likes you Hazel” Sarah said looking at me “And I know you like him two.”

“No he doesn’t like me. Nor do I like him. You're just bull sitting me.” I laughed “Anyways I just like him as a friend.”

“I'm not bull shitting you Hazel. You guys look at each other like you just got the biggest cake slice ever.”

“No. No we don’t. You know what I'm going up stairs and going to bed. You're just probably sleep deprived and really tired.” I stated “Oh and thank you for coming with me.”

“God you can be so naive. Look I don't care if you don't believe me or not I just know you guys like each other”

“Whatever” was all I said and left her car to go to the flat. I have a key so I don't have to wait for her.

Fuck her. She doesn't know what shes talking about. Yeah maybe I have a little crush on him when I first say him but I know nothings going to happen. All he is a guy from my job. Nothing is going to ever happen. He can't like me I'm just me.

It was ten o’clock and I really need to calm down. I just hate it when people think somethings going on in my life. If I wanted them to know I would tell them. Also when people call me naive. I'm not naive.

Maybe coming here wasn't such a great thing. Maybe I should of stayed back home.