Chapter Thirty One

Texas was really lovely and lively. I finally had real Texas BBQ which was divine. I bought myself a cowgirl hat that I wore all the time down there. Our other stop was Hawaii. Hawaii was marvelous. Bright blue skies filled with a rainbow in the early morning, puffy white clouds and a light breeze here and there. When we were there Mo, Maureen, and Pat waited for us at the airport. It was a wonderful time. Jimmy and I spent alone time with each other every chance we had if you know what I mean.

Now it's late November well actually four days till Thanksgiving. Nobody here celebrates it but what's to hurt starting a new tradition. I invited everyone to come over for thanksgiving dinner. I invited my parents and brother, Jimmy's parents, Jimmy, the Plants, Jones, Bonham's, Freddie and his girlfriend Mary. Sarah and Danny couldn't come because they were going on vacation. Lisa wasn't coming because no one knew where she was. One day she just left. Left a note and all saying that she wasn't a good girl anymore and tired of the way she was raised up as. She also said that she was going to start a new life.

Good news Sarah and I saved up enough money to buy a house. It's under her name so that there isn't any issue when I move out or go back to America which I have to do in a year to renew my visa. It's a lovely home. It in the town Kensington. It looks small form the outside but huge inside. Our neighbor Freddie and his girlfriend was the loveliest and kindest people. Freddie and I bonded together in a second. But there's something different about him. Not bad or anything but I think that his gay. Jimmy got jealous when I told home about Freddie.

Speaking about Jimmy. He and I have been together for almost six months. We had one maybe two fights but in those one or two fights we would make up. Right now he's in Amsterdam with Zeppelin. Small little tour again. At the end of August they had to go back to Texas for another festival they came back, released Les Zeppelin II in October and been on tour since.

Right now I'm sitting on the couch listening to Abbey Road and reading the Graduate again. The book is great, so is the movie but this album is upsetting me. Since the Beatles called it quits I haven't stop listening to them. Don't get me wrong I like the Beatles but I like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and after than the older albums. I was going to listen to this The Stooges album I got while I was in America but I decided to go with the Beatles album. I was to the part where Benjamin goes to Berkley and is at the zoo with Elaine, when the doorbell rang. I let out a small sigh and put the book down to answer the door. I answered the door to see Freddie there holding a bottle of champagne.

"Hey Freddie where's Mary?"

"She's still at work, but I have some wonderful news to tell you my dear Hazel." He said pointing towards the bottle.

"Well don't be a stranger and come right in. Just let me get to glasses." I addressed Freddie before walking into the kitchen and grabbing to glasses.

"So you know how Mary has that friend Brain who is trying to start a new band?"

"Yeah. She brought it up a couple times."

"Well his comes over, without my knowledge, and I'm in the den in the back playing the piano and singing and he walks up to me and says 'I would like you to join my band'."

"That's great Freddie! I'm so..."

"And we start recording on Thursday" he interrupted me with a bit sadness to his voice.

"But you're going to miss thanksgiving dinner."

"Only for the first fifteen to twenty minutes of it." he assured me, "Now are we going to drink this bottle or what?"

"Go ahead and open it. Just be careful, I don't want to clean a huge mess up."

Freddie opened the bottle and luckily didn't spray or spill it all over the place. I wasn't in the mood to clean up champagne off the hard wood floors. It took us maybe an hour and a half to finish the bottle before he went back next door.