Chapter Eightteen

It was strange. I swear a moment ago I was with Jimmy back in Hopton sleeping. Now I’m back home. Well not fully home. I know I’m in New Jersey but not at home. I was at Hackensack Medical Center to be exact. It was pretty weird and I didn’t know why I was here. I use to come here a lot as a kid because I got hurt a lot but still it was pretty strange. I was walking down the long hospital corridor where nurses and doctors passed in a hurry. I got towards the end of the corridor where the last room stood where I found Christopher standing there with blood shot eyes, like he was crying. Mom in his arms crying into his chest. Lisa wasn’t there nor dad. What was going on?

“Christopher!” I shouted though he didn’t hear me.

“CHRISTOPHER!” I shouted again but the same response happened.

            The door nearest to them, the last door in the corridor, out came a nurse. I quickly ran towards the door before it closed. I got there just in time two. When I got in the room I seen my dad there just lying with his eyes shut and tubes going in and out of a lot of machines and him. I clasp my hand over my mouth before I could scream tears pouring down my face. His chest was steadily going up in down. I started to walk closer to him but before I was face to face with him I gasp awake going back into reality. I felt sick. My stomach didn’t feel right and my eyes were a bit watery. My heart was pounding almost trying to burst out of my chest. My hands were sweaty. I looked over to my right to see Jimmy peacefully sleeping. I got up quietly trying not to wake up Jimmy from his slumber. I open the door and quietly closed it before making a trip down stairs. I traveled down the stairs and headed towards the phone that was hanging up on the wall in the kitchen. I dialed my house phone number, the one in New Jersey to make sure it was only a dream.

“Hello” a somewhat mumble came from a chewing Lisa

“Hey Lisa its Haze.”

“Oh hey Haze how is London?”

 “Why does everyone ask that” I joked “it’s going good I mean I’m not in London I’m in Hopton at the moment”

“Ohhhh” she extended the ‘oh’ too much “So what’s up?”

“Oh I was just wondering how everyone was doing you know how my curiosity gets the best of me” I lied I just wanted know if that was just a dream.

“Oh… well everyone is doing fine just we miss you.”

“I miss you guys two, tell everyone I said hello and well I got to go it’s like two in the morning here.”

“Alright bye Haze” She softly spoke “I’ll probably see you seen.”

“Alright bye now” and with that I hang up the phone and deeply sighed in relief.

            Thank God nothing happened and it was just a bad dream. I heard footsteps making their way down the stairs. I quickly acted like I came down here for a glass of water. I grabbed a glass from the cabinet and went to the sink to fill said cup with water. I took a sip from the glass

“My girl what are you doing down here?” Jimmy asked in a sleepy voice.

“Just getting a drink of water” I took another sip of water “Nothing to worry about babe”

“You sure?” he asked a little worried “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“I always look like that at two in the morning” I lied but he doesn’t have to know

“Positive?”

“Positive” I lied again, I need to stop lying “Anyways common Jim Jam lets go back to bed.”

            We headed back up the stairs after I finished my small glass of water. When we got to the room we both went straight for the bed. We laid back down and started to cuddle. His arms around me as I laid my head gently on his chest. I could hear his heart beat and his breathing. It was quite a soothing sound that I started to fall asleep. After what seemed like five minutes or something I was in my dream world once again and I just couldn’t be any happier.