Chapter Twenty

The ride back to the flat was pretty nice yesterday. I kinda wish it didn't have to end but hey that's life, right? It was fine though, I mean I didn't have to drive.

Anyways, today was sadly Wednesday, meaning I have to be at work. It really isn't all that bad but I'm a bit tired, that's all really. Lisa called randomly last night for no apparent reason. Probably just to annoy me, that little shit. I'm joking if you couldn't guess. Right now all I'm doing is sitting at my desk and reading the new issue of Rolling Stones magazine, U.K version of course. In the article I'm reading they were saying that the Beatles might be breaking up. It's such a shame, they are a great bad. It's probably because of the Yoko Ono chick John Lennon married had something to do with it or the fact that he made that comment saying that the Beatles "We're more popular than Jesus". Who knows?

"Un-fucking-believable" I heard Jimmy's voice from the corner seeming kinda of pissed off.

"What's so un-fucking-believable Jim Jam?" I asked once he was at my desk.

"The fucking band that was supposed to open for us drop" he spatter out "Something about how the bloody lead singer is sick or that they got a better deal."

"Well shit happens like that"

"We need to find someone to open for us by Friday or there won't be a tour." He sounded very stressful and upset about this.

"I'm sure you're going to find somebody in time" I tried to comfort him.

"Or else" he quietly sighed

"Or else what?" I asked a bit questionably

He let out a small sigh

"Or else you open for us" he bluntly said

"Um...well...I'm not that good" I sighed rubbing the back of my neck "Plus I have work"

"My girl you're probably more than good, we can try and work something out with your boss" he stated nonchalantly "I want you to sing"

"Right now?" I asked

"Yes right now. You said you sing and play guitar so sing"

"I...um...I guess"

"Well go ahead" he mention be to start as I sighed, heavily may I add.

'When the truth is found to be lies

An' all the joy within you dies

Don't you want somebody to love?

Don't you need somebody to love?

Wouldn't you love somebody to love?

You better find somebody to love, love

When the dawn is rose they are dead

Yes, and you're mine, you're mine, you're so full of red

Don't you want somebody to love?

Don't you need somebody to love?

Wouldn't you love somebody to love?

You better find somebody to love'

I stopped singing and looked at him. My cheeks felt like they were on fire. My hands were a bit sweaty and a bit shaky. I looked at his face and he was in star stuck.

"My love that was just wonderful" he clapped his hands together while his voice was full of excitement "You sing better than Percy"

"No I don't" I sighed "Anyways I'm not gonna be able to go I have work to do"