Chapter Thirty Two

That day was hopefully the last day we ever fight. Plus it's been a couple weeks since we last fought so it's good. It's a few days before Christmas and everything here is wonderfully amazing. The tree branches are covered in snow. Young children playing in the streets and park throwing snowballs at each other.  

Christmas is going to be Jimmy and I. Just the two of us. No family and friends. The two of us. I got Jimmy an new acoustic guitar, a watch that's just meant for stepping out, and a couple other things. I just wonder what he got me. I just know that Christmas Eve is going to be special if you know what I mean.

~The Day before Christmas Eve~

"Mr. Richards can I have a word with you?" I asked knocking on his office door.

"Yes. Come in Hazel."

"I just wanted to say thank you for the job again and being so kinda to me."

"Ah no problem hazel. You're like a daughter to me."

"Aw thank you. Oh I got this small little gift."

I handed Mr. Richards the small box. I had gotten him an engrave pen. The pen feels like nothing when you write with it. It seems a bit tacky but it really isn't. It actually cost more than Jimmy's guitar.

"Hazel this is really nice. Thank you."

"It's nicer when you write with it." I told him and he wrote 'pen' with it, "And you're welcome."

"My god it is!" he exclaimed with gratefulness, "Thank you once again. I've also got something for you."

He went into he desk draw and pulled out an envelope, "Read it out loud"

Hazel,

You've been such a great worker that I'm going to give you a two hundred dollar bonus. Also, starting in the New Year you will be starting a new job. You will be signed to Atlantic Records. You have until January 5th to come up with ten songs. Dennis Sheehan will be your manager. I've already hired a new secretary to take your job so you can't say no. You have an amazing voice that should be shared before your trapped forever answering phones.

Happy Christmas Hazel and Happy New Year.

T.S. Richard.

I was speechless. I didn't have to do anything and here I am getting a record deal. People will kill...sell their souls to be in my position. This has to be a really great dream.

"Gee Mr. Richard I don't know what to say. Kinda puts my pen to garbage."