Chapter Eight

Its been about two whole weeks since the small incident happened. I told Sarah and she was really nonchalant about it. She said not to worry about it and accidents always happen. She was right, which is no surprise she’s always ninety-nine percent right. I couldn’t help but feel bad about calling Jimmy a bastard. Usually I don’t call people names but I guess it was the Daniels talking for me which was sadly, a lie.   

Anyways I’ve been here for about a month, somewhat. It wasn’t as bad and horrid as I thought it would be. It was actually quite wonderful. I couldn’t be happier. I mean  fresh outta High School, not even twenty, getting paid pretty nicely, may I add, and having a job. It’s pretty nice and wonderful.

I was at work, while I was on my lunch break, I had brought my brothers old and my personal favorite Batman comic issue. Yes I, a women, read comic books big freaking deal. My mother never really approved but my father on the other hand, didn’t really care as long as I read real books two. I read tons of books. I mean tons. I had to sell most of my books cause I read so much. I loved Edgar Allen Poe and Charles Dickens. Those were my two favorite authors even though one wrote poems hes still an author.

“I didn’t know you read comics” a voice slyly said making me jump right out of my seat a little.

I knew whose voice that was. Jimmy’s voice.

“Theres lots of things you don’t know about me” I stated not looking away from the comic.

“I thought comics were for lads, not lasses” he chuckled. I just looked at him with a “what the fuck” face. “Im just kidding my young cousin, whos a girl, reads comics.”

“Cool.Um I have work to do” I kinda lied, I was on break and almost done with this comic I’m rereading for the millioyointh time. “So um what can I do for you?”

“No and it doesn’t really look like you're “busy”.” he chuckled pointing towards the comic book on my desk.

I looked around making sure no one was around before I said anything.

“Fuck you Jimmy” I chuckled stick my middle finger out.

“Very ladylike”

‘Who said I was a lady?” I asked being all serious which didn’t last to long because we just started laughing. “Okay but in all seriousness. What do you want?”

“Oh nothing really I just wanted to say hi, thats all” he said trying to catch his breath from the amount of laughter we made.

“Okay um hi then” I said as I was putting my comic back in its plastic. I was waiting for him to say something but he didn’t.

“Hey, look I know this is out of random but I just wanted to say sorry for calling you a bastard and yelling at you also.” I apologize trying to break the small silence. “I mean it’s not everyday you get randomly hit in the face with a door.”

“And by a rockstar either” he smiled. That smile is something, it fits him. His smile makes my heart beat go from normal to a fast drum beat.

“That is true” I chucked a little.

“It’s okay. I didn’t mean to hit anyone especially you with that pretty face of yours. I would of said the same if I was you in that situation”

Something about him made me like talking to him. His eyes lit up like a child on christmas morning while he talked to me. He made me smile like no one could do. I came out of my shell a lot when I talked to him, even though I’ve had a couple conversations with him. Something about him made me like talking to him.

“So what were you doing at the old pub” he asked me out of the blue.

“Oh I just was in the mood for some Jack Daniels, which was very overdue, and I know my cousin doesn’t drink so I decided to go” I stated proudly.

“Daniels?” he asked with a surprising voice, I shook my head “Wow! You really don’t look like the kinda gal who would drink that stuff”

“Been told that before” I said sighing. Nobody thinks I drink the stuff but the people who seen me.

“Oh cool. I was wondering if maybe…”

“Pagey” I heard Mr. Plants voice call Jimmy peeking his head around the wall, cute nickname may I add “We need you”

“Alright” he sounded really sad “I guess I’ll see you Monday”

“Bye Jimmy see you Monday.”

With that he walked away, hands in his pockets. Was he about to ask me out?

Highly unlikely. I mean theres nothing special about me. He probably just wanted to know if I could get him something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN//:

Hey guys! 36 reads already thats kinda a lot in a week right? Well I was just checking if you guys enjoy the story so far. You probably do since I have 36 reads. Just rebember Like, Commet, Share with your friends. Oh and sorry if the chapters seem a tad bit short I promise I'll try to make them longer once I hit higher chapters. All in all I hope you enjoy :)