Chapter Thirteen

Benny had never felt so involved in a relationship, but with Frida everything had changed.
He had also had many women, but had never felt the need to introduce them to his family.
Benny went through many difficult times during his childhood/adolescence.
His parents died prematurely in a car accident in which he and his sister Eva-Lis were also involved.
Benny and Eva were saved by a miracle, and after their parents' death they were placed in the care of their aunt Ana, sister of Laila, mother of the Andersson children.

Ana always treated her niece and nephew as if they were her own children, but Benny was always quite distrustful and never really got beyond the death of his parents.

He never felt the need to present his mistresses to his family, but Frida was not just a mistress, Frida was the love of his life and he was dying to present her to his family.

Benny was now an independent man and did not have to tell his family what he did, but Frida was a different case, he had to let the whole world know how important this woman was to him and how much he was in love with her.

Benny decided to pick Frida up from work, it was Friday, which meant that the weekend had just started and he wanted his girlfriend to be completely relaxed." Hello love" he said and closed the door to Frida's office behind him.

"What are you doing here?" Frida said not taking her eyes off her MAC Book.

"I came to get you" he said approaching her.

"I have to finish my work here."

"Frida, it's been a hard week for you because of your actors' trip etc, you deserve some rest, love..."

"Yeah love, I won't die for an extra hour in the office"

"Love, either you get up or I'll make you get out of that chair."

Frida giggled but pretended to ignore him.Benny moved even closer to her but Frida continued to pretend not to see him; Benny went behind her, grabbed her under the armpits and lifted her forcefully out of the chair.

"BENNY!" Frida shouted

"I warned you Anni-Frid, now get your things, close the MAC and let's go" he took her by the waist and kissed her cheek but Frida was like a piece of ice, he held out his hand but Frida ignored it completely.They walked to an Italian restaurant, Benny was trying to get Anni-Frid's attention but she pretended he didn't exist.

The two sat down at the table, Frida ordered pasta carbonara and Benny ordered penne with tomato sauce and a half-cooked steak with a side of salad, corn, onion and tomatoes.

"Are you angry with me?" he asked.

"What do you think?"

"Frida are you serious?"

"Benny you forced me out of my office by literally taking me by force, and I can tell you you hurt me too, and I shouldn't be angry with you?"

"Come on Frid! You know as well as I do that the week that has just passed has been hard and you also know very well that being locked up in that office for too many hours is bad for you, it makes you nervous and irritable."

"Benny, the things I had to do were very important and I wasn't able to finish them because you dragged me into this place and I'm literally wasting my time with you."

"Do you really think that, Frida? Do you really think you're wasting your time with me?"

Frida didn't answer, she didn't know what to say, maybe for the first time in her whole life, Benny was right about too much time in the office, but she was too stubborn to admit it.

She was a proud woman, always had been.
She did not like to admit her mistakes even if she realised she was in the wrong.

Admitting her mistakes was a huge effort for Frida, as she had always been alone and independent and had never had to apologise to anyone.

Benny accompanied Frida to her flat and before getting out of the car she gave him a kiss on the cheek, she felt sorry but did not know how to show it and she certainly would not tell him to his face that she was sorry.
Benny ignored this gesture and said goodbye.

How will they spend this weekend?