Chapter Twenty-Five

Benny and Frida were working as usual, each in their own offices.
Frida was busy looking for a secretary to take her place when the pregnancy would go ahead and she would no longer be able to work.
Do you remember Peter, her secretary? Well, he was efficient, but he obviously didn't like that job, with him Frida didn't feel any less relieved from work.
He did the minimum and indispensable things. Not to mention what happened that one time*, so Frid decided to fire him, he was starting to be disrespectful towards his colleagues and she demanded respect from her colleagues and respect towards her colleagues.
She desperately needed a secretary.
But she was reminded of something Ingrid told her in one of their many phone calls.

"I'm about to move to Sweden... I have no reason to stay in Norway anymore, my parents are there, my partner has left me for a whore so I'd better move to Sweden. Do you happen to know anyone willing to give me a job?".

There and then Frida told her that she did not know and that was true, but if Ingrid really wanted a job, she would accept her best friend's proposal without delay.
Without waiting another second, Frida dialled Ingrid's number from the office phone and waited for a reply.

"Hej, Ingrid here"

"Hi Ingrid, it's Anni-Frid"

"Hi Anni, what's up?"

"Nothing, quiet, I wanted to make you a proposition... uhmmm- interesting..."

"Spill the tea"

"Would you like to work as my secretary? I'm alone at the moment and I can't manage this on my own, or at least, I won't be able to before long, the longer my pregnancy goes on the less I'll be able to work. What do you say?"

Ingrid didn't let herself say it twice and shouted a very powerful 'YES' into the telephone receiver, so much so that Frida had to move her ear away from the phone.

"Alright, since the week has just started, you can start tomorrow, at 9 o'clock I will arrive at the office. Tomorrow you are allowed in at that time, but know that from the day after tomorrow onwards, at 7:30 I want you in the office. I will explain your duties, schedule etc., so that you understand, then if you want you will sign the contract." Frida said seriously.

Ingrid giggled, it was amazing how much her best friend changed her personality depending on the environment she was in. It was obvious to Ingrid that Frida wasn't going to put their friendship on the line at work. You could understand it from the thi gs she had just said.

"Okay, Boss," Ingrid said still laughing.

Frida rolled her eyes, which fortunately Ingrid could not see, they talked about some interesting gossip and then Frida went back to work.

The following day, Ingrid showed up at the office at 8.57am. She might have been the most gossipy, chatty, noisy, nosy person on earth, but she was super punctual, if she had an appointment she didn't miss it for any reason in the world. If she made a promise, she kept it, no matter what.

Frida had not yet arrived. Ingrid was quiet, but that wait of only a few minutes wearied her.

8:59, she heard an engine, she looked out of the reception window, it was Frida's car.

Ingrid walked towards what would be her new office, practically outside Frida's.

9.05, Ingrid heard the lift arrive on the top floor.9:03, the sound of the lift going up infiltrated the blonde's ears.

9:08, the lift door opened and Frida walked in the office.

She appeared powerful in her camel-coloured sheath dress. Her hair was perfectly straightened and curling wisps framed her face. Her eyes were decorated with her classic emerald green eyeshadow that matched her eyes.
As soon as Frida saw Ingrid she smiled and went to hug her.

"Welcome to your new office, dear. If you'd like to follow me, I'll give you a tour of the company so that you can then get your bearings," Frida said.

Ingrid nodded and followed her.
Frida showed her the offices for casting, the offices for accepting soundtracks/movies/actors... kind of all the offices. She then showed her the break room. For Ingrid that was the best room. There were three sofas with a modern print and three armchairs of the same print and material. In between them was a glass coffee table covered with Vogue magazines. Vogue had always been Frida's favourite mag, so it was the magazine that had the hegemony. There were also vending machines for drinks and snacks.When the tour was over, the two went to Frida's office.

"So, Ingrid, these are the rooms of our 'headquarters', I will now explain your tasks."

Evening had fallen and Frida was dead tired, the day had been particularly busy and when she stepped into Penthouse she breathed a sigh of relief.
She took off her shoes and ran her hand over where her belly was starting to swell and smiled unconsciously.
Frida then heard a melody coming from the Grand Piano room. Benny was obviously playing.
She entered trying not to make any noise and positioned herself behind him, placing her hands on his shoulders.
Benny continued playing, smiling.

When he finished he got up and grabbed Frida forcefully by the hips and kissed her savagely, slumping her down on the sofa nearby.

"What do you want to eat tonight?" Frida said under him, stroking his soft hair.

"You."

"Out option"

"Pizza?"

"I love you"