Chapter Fourteen

Benny was still annoyed by Frida's behaviour; it was not possible for a woman like her to get angry over such nonsense. He woke up that morning with a hellish headache. He wished he had Frida by his side, he was sure he would have been fine with her next to him. But it wouldn't have been Benny who wrote to her first, not at all. Frida's behaviour was too childish for his taste and it was not his place to apologise. Sure, he had forcefully lifted her out of her office chair, but he didn't deserve this, Frida's behaviour.

He got out of bed with great difficulty, but he had to do it, if he stayed one more second in that bed his head was in danger of exploding. He didn't have to go to work, it was Saturday after all, but he couldn't relax the way he should have relaxed.

He took a Greek yoghurt and put it in a bowl together with some strawberries, some cherries. blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and some puffed rice. He turned on the television and flicked through the channels, looking for something to distract himself from the thought of Frida and the headache but, as the latter did not pass, he decided to take a headache pill hoping it would take effect.

Frida woke up in a crappy mood. She was nervous and irritable, everything bothered her. The sun coming through the window annoyed her, her own hair on her face annoyed her; she turned on the other side of the bed, hoping to find someone able to hug and help her but when she realized that she was alone her mood went from bad to worse.

She got up and checked her face in the mirror and what she seen made her her eyes tear, she had really dark circles under her swollen eyes, her skin was oily and she was all sweaty. Her reddish hair was a mess, full of knots. Frida tried to brush them carefully. Her hair had loose colour, I should go to an hairdresser, she thought.

She had a very rich breakfast, beacon, eggs, orange juice, toast with jam, lots of fruit and yoghurt. It was not like her to have such a big breakfast, but she needed it this time. She had nothing to do, after all, it was Saturday for her too.... but she was still worried about the current situation with Benny... she knew she was in the wrong, but she wouldn't admit it, not now.

She checked Benny's WhatsApp chat and saw that he was online, she was tempted to write to him, but no, she wouldn't. After showering, skincare and cleaning her flat, Frida decided to put on her bikini and go for a swim in her pool, she needed to distract herself a bit, and what better then the pool on her penthouse? Benny, but he was not there and plus for her fault.

The two of them spent the day in a slow and boring manner, they were both in a very bad mood and the day could not get any worse. Frida soon got tired of being in the pool and went back inside the house, took a shower to remove all the remaining chlorine from her body and decided not to get dressed, she wasn't expecting anyone anyway and stayed in her bathrobe, turned on the TV and decided to watch the new season of The Crown on the couch.

She quickly became sleepy and fell asleep there.

Benny did nothing but go from the living room to his office, from his office to the living room and so on. He was bored to death so he decided to ask Björn out and he gladly accepted.

"Hey man! What's going on? You look weird," Björn said to Benny as they entered the bar.

"Bruh, Frida I think, she's acting weird and she's irritable. Yesterday I wanted to take her to lunch and I had to force her out of her chair to go to lunch and she got pissed off, she was being shitty to me, so we haven't spoken since yesterday and I really don't understand her" Benny sighed.

"All women are hard to understand, Benny. I can't do anything material to help you, but I can tell you for sure that both you and Anni-Frid are stubborn and sometimes insufferable. Give Frida some time and then talk to her, try to understand why she got angry and make her understand that it is not your fault that she is nervous."

The two spent good time together, they drank and laughed, Benny forgot about his problems with Anni-Frid.

Frida was blissfully sleeping when she heard the doorbell ring, furrowed her brow, struggled off the sofa and went to open the door. Agnetha was there and what she saw in front of her made her smile drop... Frida's hair was messed up, she was all sweaty and plus she was still naked in her robe..."What's going on Frid?" Anna asked worriedly and Frida burst into tears.

Anna took her by the hand, closed the door behind her and they headed for the sofa.

"What is it?" Anna asked, stroking her back.

"I messed up with Benny."

"Bjorn told me, sweetie, would you like to tell me what happened?"

"I got mad at Benny over something stupid and now he's mad at me and hasn't written or called me all day".

"Frid, you should be more understanding towards him, you got upset with him over a nonsense."

"I know and I tried to make it up to him... before I went down to the car I tried to kiss him but he ignored me".

"Frida, you two need to talk... a kiss is not enough to clear the air between you."

"I know Agnetha, but I can't talk to him, I know I'm doing it wrong, but I'm not ready to feel humiliated..."