Chapter Twenty-Seven

6 October.

Frida's legs trembled at the sound of the organ playing the wedding march in the cathedral.
Her eyes filled with tears as she let Agnetha drop the veil over her face full of fear and joy.
Her little one made herself present in her belly, kicking. Because yes, they were expecting a little girl.

The time had come to join her future husband at the altar.She took her Aunt Olive's arm.
Little Linda, dressed in her small white dress, was scattering flowers across the aisle.

To give herself courage, she stroked her baby bump, nodded to Olive and they walked down the aisle.

Benny felt like dying, she was so beautiful... her dress looked so good on her, even more so knowing that he was officially uniting not only with the love of his life, but also with his daughter, little Andersson.

Frida arrived at the altar, crossing her precious darling's eyes.
Benny did his best to hold back his tears, his dream was finally coming true.
He then lifted the veil from his sweet girl's face, meeting her green eyes full of love.

"We are all gathered here today to celebrate the union in marriage of Mr Goran Bror Benny Andersson and Mrs Anni-Frid Synni Lyngstad."

The ceremony continued amid sighs and tears of joy.

"Mr Andersson, repeat after me." Benny nodded.

"I, Goran Bror Benny Andersson."

"I Goran Bror Benny Andersson"

"Promise to love and respect this woman all the days of my life, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health"

"Promise to love and respect this woman all the days of my life, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health."

Frida carefully watched her beloved's eyes as she clasped his hands in hers.

"I, Anni-Frid Synni Lyngstad, promise to love and respect this man all the days of my life, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health."

Thus came the crucial moment.

"Do you, Anni-Frid Lyngstad, welcome this man as your husband, promising to love and respect him all the days of your life?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do you, Goran Bror Benny Andersson, welcome this woman as your wife, promising to love and respect her all the days of your life?"

"Yes, I do."

"If anyone has any objection to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace."

And after minutes that seemed eternal, the priest spoke the famous words and finally Benny could do what he had been waiting for, kiss his wife.
He tenderly took her by the hips, caressing her 26-week-old baby bump, feeling the little one's kick against his hand.He giggled happily and his lips brushed Frida's, sealing in a kiss, their first as husband and wife.

"God, Frida! Look at you! You look absolutely gorgeous!" Agnetha shouted, she was overjoyed for her friend.

Frid was so happy, she was finally married to the love of her life, she was waiting for nothing more, to live forever with the only person she truly loved and she was even happier knowing that her baby was about to be born in a few weeks.
She felt complete, happy, fulfilled. She was independent, had a job she loved, a husband who adored her and a beautiful baby girl.

Frida ate EVERYTHING on the menu, she was starving, when she sat down in her chair she breathed a sigh of relief, her feet ached and the smell of food inebriated her.

"Are you alright love?" Benny asked her tenderly.Frida nodded with a dreamy smile.

"Would you like to dance?" she asked him.

Benny was surprised, he knew her feet must hurt, but they certainly couldn't miss the first, romantic, slow dance between husband and wife, albeit with a little infiltration between them.

He nodded, took her by the hand and led her to the centre of the ballroom and asked the orchestra playing for them to play something slow and danceable.
The music started, the lights in the room went out, except for the one above them.
The guests turned, enchanted, at the beauty of the newlyweds.

Frida wrapped her arms around Benny's neck and he tenderly placed his hands on her hips.

"Thank you," Benny whispered in her ear.

"For what?" Frida whispered in turn.

"For choosing to marry me, for this beautiful wedding, for loving me, and for this little nugget."

Frida giggled and rolled her eyes, again calling their daughter as a food.

She placed her lips to Benny's, the music was slowly fading and she wanted no one but herself to hear her words.The kiss continued, long and passionate, causing the whole crowd to applaud.