Chapter Twenty-Six

"Frida, love..."Benny said, shaking her gently.

It was 8:25 in the morning and Frida was still sleeping blissfully on his chest.
The day of the 12 weeks scan had finally arrived.
Frida and Benny had taken the day off at the office. After the visit, the two would meet the caterer who would cook at their wedding to decide on the menu.

"Come on, Frida... wake up."

"Ugh Benny, what the fuck do you want from me"

Benny giggled but Frida wouldn't wake up... Benny found a way though.

"OH MY GOD THE BABY IS BORN" Benny shouted

"WHAT?!" Frida yelled out frightened touching her belly.

"Good morning love" Benny said with a bastard grin.

"You're an asshole"

"I love you too"

"No, fuck off"

"What a beautiful mood my princess woke up in today!" Benny said trying to kiss her, but Frida moved his face with her hand.

"Shut up, let me sleep," she said turning to her side of the bed.

"You need to wake up princess... because we need to see our little bean"

"Still calling our son a food???"

"Sorry but I can't help it".

After half an hour of bickering, Frida decided to get up.

"Would you like some fresh milk?" Benny asked, taking his breakfast to the kitchen table.

"No... I want peach juice."

Good thing we have some in the fridge, Benny thought.

"Here you go love" he said handing her the glass of juice.

Frida felt kinda guilty about her behaviour so she got up and went to sit on Benny's lap kissing his neck.

"Sorry if I was a bit harsh earlier, I didn't mean to" Frida said with puppy eyes.

"AAAAWWW" Benny said smiling and kissing her cheek.

—---------------------------------------------------—--------—----

It was 10:30 and the couple was at the gynaecologist to see their baby.
In the waiting room Benny had a moron grin on his face, but he was too happy to have a serious face.

"Mrs. Lyngstad?"

"Here we go!" Benny said as he stood up and took Frida's hand with him.

"Good morning, Mrs. Lyngstad, how are you?" Dr. Johansson asked as Benny and Frida took a seat on the chairs in front of the desk.

"All's well," Frida replied, smiling.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine, the nausea and all the symptoms I was feeling before are gone"

"That's normal and fine" the doctor then looked at Benny "is he your partner?"

"Hello Doctor, I'm Benny Andersson, Mrs. Lyngstad's fiancé."

The doctor looked at Benny with a rather contemptuous face, which Benny did not like.

"Well, Anni-Frid, if you are ready you can lie down on the cot to see your baby."

Frida nodded and positioned herself on the cot, lifting her shirt at breast level so that her belly was revealed.

"I assume you already know how it works with the gel, may I proceed?"

Frida nodded again, smiling coyly. Benny approached the cot protectively. He really disliked that doctor and did not want him to touch his future wife's body in his absence.

Dr Johansson smeared the gel on Frida's belly with the ultrasound scanner and immediately the outline of a baby could be glimpsed.

"These are the little feet of your little one," the doctor said pointing to the grey spots on the screen.

"These are the little hands while this is the nose".

"It's like yours" Benny said smiling down at Frida, noticing that her eyes were filled with tears, and stroked her cheek.

"The baby is perfect, weight and height are perfect for the age of the foetus. You can get well again, Mrs. Lyngstad... I'll see you at sixteen weeks. You completed the first trimester with excellent results. You have just started the second trimester and my main recommendation is to eat as healthily as possible. Your belly will start to grow bigger and faster day by day. If it ever occurs to you that you are unsightly, remember that you are carrying the fruit of your love."