Chapter Twenty-Two

It was finally early June, Benny and Frida had returned to Sweden and found a villa in Uppsala.
It was an already built house, it just needed some maintenance. They then had to add a porch and the swimming pool Anni-Frid wanted.

While the villa was being renovated, Benny and Frida were in her penthouse in the living room making the guest list for the wedding.
They were to be married in October.
The ceremony would not be large, they did not want too many people.
The Ulvaeus family would go, Ingrid, Eva-Lis and her husband Peter, Aunt Ana and her husband Goran, then Solvi, Astrid and Caroline, Frida's cousins.
Gorel and Stig would also go.

A private ceremony, after all there was no need for big celebrations, the people they loved most were there and that was what mattered.

"If we're lucky the house will be ready by September and we could then inaugurate it as newlyweds," Benny said with a look that Frida knew well.

She made herself comfortable in the armchair and put her feet on Benny's legs, who was next to her.
With her Mac she was looking for some ideas for the honeymoon.

"How about Spain?" Frida proposed.

"I don't like it much, then I've already been there and so have you."

"United States?"

"Naah, it's not very romantic"

"France"

"Too romantic"

"Madagascar"

"Too far away"

"Germany"

"Too close"

Frida had almost lost patience; her almost-husband was not happy with anything. She made one last attempt.

"Italy"

Benny smiled wildly

"Italy is perfect"

He approached her and kissed her, a kiss she gladly accepted.

She booked the package to Italy and could finally relax.

Benny was finishing up the invitation and after a minute, he started reading what he had written.

Goran Bror Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Synni Lyngstad are pleased to announce their marriage in the Grand Cathedral in Stockholm on 6 October at 10:30 am.
The celebrations will continue in the Lyngstad-Andersson Villa in Uppsala.
Please confirm your attendance.
Greetings and thanks in advance,
Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad.

"What do you say, Frid? Fri?"

He turned to her and Frida had fallen asleep like a stone.
He smiled dying of tenderness, put her in a comfortable position and kissed her on the neck.

Two weeks later Frida woke up from her already quite troubled sleep, she was confused and did not understand anything at all, she looked at the clock and it read 4:17.

She felt a feeling of nausea and didn't even have time to realise what she was feeling, she jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

Benny, who was next to her, woke up hearing the unstealthy movement next to him and realised that Frida was not in bed.
He heard noises in the bathroom and startled, he got up and ran to the bathroom.
Frida was slumped over the toilet bowl vomiting.

She had been feeling this way for days now and they had no explanation... well, there was an explanation, but they had never tried to put it out of their minds.
Benny walked over to her and held her hair, stroking her back.