007.

[1983]
007. sorry

By the time lunch rolled around, Annabelle was in search of her friend. She hadn't seem him yet and needed to apologise for not hanging out with him last night, even though he was the one who didn't want to go.

Annabelle had put her dried clothes back on that morning and Steve's sweatshirt over before the two pulled up to Hawkins High, starting yet another stressful and uneventful day. Or so they thought.

"Annie!" Annabelle looked over to see Harrington waving her over. The blonde rolled her eyes, but walking over to sit with them anyways. She dropped the tray to the table, snatching the chocolate pudding away, knowing Steve would steal it.

"Have you seen Barb?" Nancy turned to the girl beside her, concern written all over her features.

"No." Annabelle tapped her fingers against the table. "The last time I saw her was when she went to the washroom. Sorry." Annabelle smiled softly to the girl before asking her own question. "Have you seen Liam?"

"Ohhh, you're loner boyfriend?" Tommy snickered, Carol joining him. They shut up when Steve kicked his leg under the table. Annabelle ignored them however, that's what she always did.

"No, I haven't, Sorry." Nance said back, looking back down to her tray. Annabelle sighed and noticed a certain boy by the doors.

"I've, uh, got to go. Bye." Annabelle quickly stood up, chucking the pudding cup to Steve and rushing past the teenagers, "J." She called with a smile. "Hi."

She didn't take any notice to Steve watching her with a clenched jaw or Tommy and Carol talking behind her back or Nancy more interested in her thoughts of Barbra missing as well as Jonathan. It always seemed that Nancy's thoughts went back to Jonathan Byers lately.

"Hi." he nodded back to her, the two walking beside each other. "I was hoping I could get a ride back home after school. I can't find Liam, mom's working again and I think Steve is busy." Annabelle smiled to him, giving him puppy dog eyes no one could resit.

"Uh, yeah, meet me by my car after school." with a nod, the two separated and continued their day.

Annabelle didn't pay any mind to the outside world as she walked to where Jonathans car was. It was always in the same spot. She didn't notice the group by his car, or Nancy coming up beside her.

"What's going on?" Nancy asked and Annie finally realised the people around her.

"Here's the staring ladies."

Annie furrowed her eyebrows, looking to Jonathan who kept his head down, then Steve who looked away, annoyed. "What?" The blonde said for her and Nancy.

"This creep was spying on us last night." Carol took a photo out, handing one to Annabelle and the other to Nancy. "He was probably gonna save these two for later."

One was of Nancy taking her shirt off, leaving her in a bra and her trousers as she stood in front of Steve's window. However, Annabelle wasn't so lucky as her was shot from the her front view of her with just her bra on and trousers, hair to the side as the water droplets rolled down her skin from where she was just in the pool.

"See, " Steve clicked his tongue "you can tell that he knows it was wrong, but... Man, that's the thing about perverts. It's hardwired into them. You know, they just can't help themselves."

Carol handed another few photos to Annabelle. "And we know who's the star of the creep's dreams." Annabelle ignored the people around her, shuffling through the photos of her.