045.

[February 1985]
046. soulmates

Annabelle woke up to the sun streaming in her eyes. With a groan, she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand. Looking to her left, she was faced with Steve sitting at the side of the bed, no shirt on, hands rubbing down his face as he to had just woken up for school.

A smiled tugged at Annie's lips and moved to sit behind him, arms draping over his shoulders. She rested her head on his right shoulder, looking at him.

"Morning." Steve spoke in a groggy morning voice, eyes blinking open. The blonde smiled, pressing a kiss to his neck. "Hi." She said into his neck, pulling back.

As Steve turned to face her, Annie was quick to place a kiss on his lips. Laughter erupted the girl as Steve reached round, grabbing her by her waist, moving her round so she was half lying across his lap. A grin spread on his face as he began to tickle the girl who squirmed, falling into a fit of giggles. She covered her face with her hands, trying to suppress her laugher.

"Stop. Stop. Stop, stop." Annie laughed. Steve finally did, leaning down to peck her lips, "Hi." He whispered.

Annie smiled widely, putting her hands back over to cover her face. Steve chuckled, pulling her hands away. "No, I want to see that beautiful smile, Tinkerbelle."

They looked into each other eyes. They sometimes didn't know how much they really did love each other. A cheeky smirk found a way to Annie's lips, mischievous glint in her eyes and she leaned up to kiss him, arms wrapping around his neck. Steve smiled into the kiss, hands going to Annabelle's hips as she slowly sat up, making him lie down on the bed.

Annabelle moved so she was straddling his waist. The two didn't break the kiss once. Steve's hands trailed from her hips to her waist, making his t-shirt that she was wearing, rise up slightly.

Annabelle finally pulled back, moving her hair to one side to hold as she leant back down to peck his lips once more.

"I." kiss. "call." kiss. "first," kiss. "On the shower." Then just as quickly as the words came out her mouth, she pulled herself off Steve, jumping off from his bed. When the stunned boy realised, he pulled himself together, seeing Annie laugh in amusement as she rushed away.

"Oh, no you don't." He laughed, hurrying after. When Annabelle got to the bathroom, about to open the door, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist from behind, lifting her from the ground.

Annabelle yelped in surprise but that quickly turned into laughter. "I won." Steve pressed a kiss to the side of her head, carrying her into the bathroom. The pair in a fit on giggles.

"It's no use going back to yesterday." Steve repeated the words from his head from Alice in wonderland as he approached Annie who was sat at the pinic table, ingosed in the book.

"Because I was a different person then." Steve sat down beside her, leaning his back against the table behind as he looked to Annie, tucking some blonde hair behind her ear. "Isn't that right, Alice?" He teased, amused.

Annabells's cheeks blushed a rosy red, a small laugh escaping her lips. "It would be so nice if something made sense for a change." Annie quoted, looking up to meet Steve's big doe eyes.

"I think sometimes it does." A grinn spread across his face and reached up to cup her cheek, pulling her closer to him so her could kiss her. Harrington smiles into the kiss.

"I'm surprised you remember." Annie grinned as they reluctantly pulled back. Steve shrugged, tapping his fingers against the wooden table. "Of course I do. You've read that book a million times."

Annabelle chuckled and turned back to the book, "If I remember correctly, you couldn't even remember how to spell, nor did you remember anything you learned in class. I had to tutor you just so you could graduate middle school."

Steve shook his head in amusement. "Think I might need you to help me graduate high school too." He added.