048.

[may 1985]
048. prom posel

Annabelle was walking down the hallway of Hawkins High. She had her nose in a book, keeping beside the wall to avoid walking into anyone. A sudden loud voice rang out through the halls, a familiar one that made Annie pause.

"Tinkerbelle!"

Annabelle looked up, only to then see Steve a few feet in front of her, standing on a chair in the middle of the hall with students who all stopped around him.

"Will you, Annabelle Rose Lewis, do me, Steve James Harrington, the honours of being my date to prom among these mad people!"

Annabelle chuckled, clutching the book to her chest. "But I don't want to go among mad people." She called back with a huge grin on her face.

"Oh, you can't help that." He jumped off the chair, a wide smile. "We're all mad here," Steve stalked towards her. "I'm mad, you're mad."

The Harrington boy stood exactly in front of her, so close that there breaths mixed. "How do you know I'm mad?" She quarried.

"You must be." Steve cupped her cheeks in his hands and leant down to kiss her. Annie mumbled into the kiss, "Yes." He pulled back from her lips happily and looked around to yell, "She said yes.!" A few students groaned and some cheered, but was cut off but a yell.

"Mr Harrington!" A teacher shouted, turning the corner. Steve turned back to Annie with an amused look. Interlocking his fingers with hers, Steve pulled her with him as they ran down the hallway of the school, rushing away from the teacher and threw the swarm of students.

The two laughed as they dodged people, running out of the school. Steve spun around in the middle of the field to face the blonde. He wrapped his arms Annie and lifted her of the floor, spinning them around.

"I love you." He set her down, kissing her once more on the lips. "I love you too, Mr Harrington." She joked, chuckling while wrapping her arms around his neck. A squal escaped her lips as Steve ducked down and lifted her off the ground, throwing her over his shoulder.

"Steve!"

The duo laughed as he walked them over to his car. "Steven!" She called again, the words dying out with laughter.