010.

[1983]
010. it was real

"Hi." In front of Annabelle stood Nancy Wheeler. "I needed to talk to you about the um, other day."

Annabelle nodded, moving aside to let Nancy in her house. "Did the cops find anything?"

"No. But, um... I did."

Annabelle scrunched her eyebrows, following Nancy to the table as the brunette searched through her bag, pulling out a picture. "I found this in my pocket and noticed a shadow in the background." The Wheeler girl pointed to the edge the photo that was of Barb at the pool. "Right there, it's the same thing that tried to attack us yesterday. The same thing that probably has Barb and Will and maybe even Liam."

Annie's heart shrank. She was so caught up in her mind the last 24 hours, she didn't even realise that Liam still wasn't here. "Yeah, um, about that.... Will's dead. Last night they, uh, found his body in the lake." The blonde spoke looking down, playing with her rings.Nancy didn't really think about what had actually happened until Annabelle said it.

"But if you're right." Annabelle looked to Nancy. "We can go find Jonathan, see if he has another photo or better angle."She shrugged.

"Yeah... Do you know where he is?" Annabelle grabbed the photo, handing it back to the girl with a small smile, "Yeah."

It didn't take long till the two walked through the funeral shop that held coffins and more. Annabelle kept fidgeting with her necklace the whole time, following Nancy,

"here we have copper and bronze..." A faint voice was heard and the two looked towards the door, seeing the Byers boy and one of the workers.

"Can you just give me a  second?" Jonathan asked the man after noticing the two girls. He slowly pondered over, the girls keeping there head down, one because it was awkward and felt insensitive and the other because it felt like she was going to throw up due to the similar smell of the funeral home she had once been to.

"Hey..."

"Hey." Nancy said back, glancing away from the boy again. "Annabelle said you'd be here. We just..."

"We need to talk to you for a second." Annabelle quickly rushed out, feeling like the world round her was suffocating her a bit more. This whole situation was to intense for her.

The three of them moved to a seat. Jonathan sat between the two girls, looking at the photo Nancy gave him.

"It looks like it could be some kind of perspective distortion, but I wasn't using the wide angle." Jonathan passed it back to her. "I don't know. It's weird."

"And you're sure you didn't see anyone else out there?" Nancy asked. "No." The Byres boy answered. "She was there one second and then, um... gone. I figured she bolted."

"And you're sure she wasn't there, Annie?"

The blonde shook her head. "I just changed then walked to the window and looked down to see no one there. I would have remembered. sorry." The blonde looked down and Jonathan placed his hand over hers for a moment, making sure she knew that it wasn't her fault either.

"The cops think she ran away. But they don't know Barb. And I went back to Steve's... I ran into Annabelle... we thought we - saw something."

"It was like some... weird man or..." Annabelle continued. "I don't know what we saw or what it was." Annabelle bit her lip, playing with the necklace on her neck. "But it was real."