011.

[1983]
011. dont laugh at a funeral

It was now the next day. Later the funeral for Will Byers would take place. After the new findings yesterday, the three went home with there mind now set on finding out what the hell was going on in Hawkins.

"Are you sure, Annabelle?" Mary spoke softly from the doorway of her daughters room. "Joyce will understand if we don't go. Jonathan to. You can stay home, watch some movies?"

Annabelle shook her head, fixing her dress in the mirror. "I can't. I need to be there." Mary sighed, walking over to her daughter who was now standing by her dresser, putting in pearl earrings.

"I love you." She placed her hands on Annie's shoulders. "I'll take us home if you can't be there." Annie smiled to her mom. "I'll be fine." The blonde quickly rushed away, slipping on some small black heels and grabbing her coat.

As soon as they got to the funeral, it was just about to begin. Annabelle cached Jonathans eye, sending him a weak smile before joining her mother over by the Wheelers and Will's other friends, Lucas and Dustin.

Nancy gave a smile and a nod to the girl, both of them knowing to meet after with Jonathan. Ms. Lewis kept a hand on the younger Lewis' shoulder, rubbing soft patents to help calm the girl. It was not easy on Mary at all when it came to funerals. But being a nurse, death seemed to bring a small comfort. However, Annabelle just was quick to feel the emotion. It was a lot harder on her.

"I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." The pastor spoke. "It's time like these that our faith is challenged. How, if he truly benevolent... Could God take from us someone so young, so innocent?"

"It would be easy to turn away from God... But we must remember that nothing... Not even tragedy, can separate us from his love. We are here today to find comfort in the truth of scripture, and to surround Will and his family..."

"Just wait till we tell Will that Jennifer Hayes was crying at his funeral." Annabelle heard Dustin say as she was stood directly behind the three. She knew the group of boys from babysitting Will a couple times. Annabelle would sometimes watch over them while they played D&D until the Wheelers came home. Claudia Henderson had too asked her to babysit Dustin sometimes too.

Annabelle noticed the looks of there face and lent over to the three so only they could hear. "dont laugh at a funeral." They shut there mouths and looked away. She shook her head with a very faint smile and ruffled up Dustin's hair.

Once the funeral was over, they threw yellow roses into the casket as it was lowered. "I'm going to check of Joyce." Mary kissed the top of Annabelle's head and left the teen alone where she stood by the end of the grass way.

Noticing the girl, The brunette boy walked up to her. "Thank you." Jonathan smiled to the blonde before pulling her in for a hug. "It's fine. No problem." She waved him off. A minute later, Nancy was by there side and the trio sat down, ready to figure out the secret in Hawkins.

"This is where we know for sure it's been, right?" The Byers boy pointed to the paper in hand, red x's on the places. "So, that's..." Nancy pointed to one of the x's.

"Steve's house. And that's the woods where they found Will's bike and... That's my house." Jonathan explained while Annabelle raised an eyebrow at the fourth x.

"What about that one?" She pointed to the fourth that was between the Woods and Steve's.

"Um... That's the, uh, last place Liam was to be." Annabelle swallowed back the lump in her throat, thankful when Nancy quickly continued the conversation.

"It's all so close."

"Yeah. Exactly. I mean, It's all within a mile or something. Whatever this thing is, it's... it's not traveling far."

"Maybe it can't?" Annie murmured. "You two want to go out there." Nancy looked to the two, making the two faintly nod.

"We might not find anything."

"We found something." The Wheeler mentioned the two girl's findings. "And if we do see it... then what?" Annabelle asked.

"We kill it."

Rushing away to Lonnie's car, Jonathan made hast to get in, trying to open something from the glovebox. "What are you doing, J?" Annie crossed her arms over her chest, looking to him.

"Just give me a second."

"Jesus, J." Annabelle stepped back, wide eyed when seeing the gun in Jonathans hands. "Are you serious?" Nancy sighed, seeing the weapon to.

"What?" he stuffed the bullets into his jacket. "You want to find this thing and take another photo? Yell at it?" He got out the car, shutting it behind.

"This is a terrible idea?"

"I agree with Nancy. This is going to get us killed. For real this time." She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, it's the best we've got." he kept the gun behind his back. Nancy looked away, shaking her head slightly. "What? You can tell someone, but they're not gonna believe either of you. You both know that."

"But a gun. It's way to dangerous. Neither of us can shoot and I do not want either of you dying because of it."

"We won't, Anna. We'll practice."

"Your mom would believe us." Nancy added, "She's been through enough." the boy said, turning his attention to the other girl. "She deserves to know." Nancy shot back.

"Yeah, and I'll tell her... when this thing is dead."

Annabelle sighed, opening her side bag and holding it out to him. "If we do this, we can't get caught." the blonde nodded to the open bag and Jonathan smiled to her, dropping the gun into it.

The trio made a plan to meet up the next day and went there separate ways till then.