Confession

Morning came, Irene woke up early and she saw Staphany beside her and she smiled. She looked at the other side and she saw her own daughter, White.

Irene was shock because White slept beside her "What the hell?" She said to herself and she woke White up. "Hey, what are you doing in our room?!" She asked irritatedly while shaking her daughter's body.

"Hmm? You insisted mom" White answered while slowly opening her eyes. "Did I?" Irene asked coldly, "Yeah" her daughter answered.

"Okay, you can go to your room now. I'm just drunk" She said and White just nodded and she left the room. Stephany was just looking at Irene, confused.

"Hindi mo po siya lagi nakakasamang matulog?" Stephany asked her, she's so curious about White since hindi nagkkwento si Irene tungkol sakanya. "I haven't slept with her, kagabi lang" Irene answered in low tone.

"Why? And you look so shock nong nakita mo siya sa tabi mo" Staphany muttered. Irene just sighed, "Because I don't want her. I want her to be independent and look at her now" she said as she stood up. Inayos na nilang dalawa ang pinaghigaan nila.

"So you're just doing that because you want her to be independent?" She asked, confused. "Yeah, that's all. Nasanay na ako kaya hindi na ako nahihirapan, noong una pinupuntahan ko pa siya sa room niya kapag natutulog na siya at mag sosorry ako and then I will kiss her forehead tapos babalik na ako sa room ko" Irene said, pinipilit niyang hinaan ang boses niya para hindi marinig ng iba.

"You're treating her like she's not your own, tita. I hope you know that" Stephany said honestly.

"Ayokong umasa siya palagi sa akin kaya bata palang siya, sinanay ko na na wala ako sa tabi niya. Ang hirap magpakatigas para sa kanya kasi sobrang bait niya" she added and her eyes started to filled with water.

"Tell me more tita, I want to know more about her. I want to be her friend someday" Stephany said, excitedly. "I wish someday she will understand" Irene muttered under her breath but it's just enough for Stephany to hear it. "I know she will, tita. She is a very intelligent person. She'll understand you someday" Stephany said and Irene smiled at her and then they hugged each other.

White, on the other hand is on her way to Irene and Greggy's room. She's about to knock at the door and she saw the door was slightly opened. Sumilip siya ng kaonti at nakita niya sa Irene at Stephany na magkayap.

"I want to hug you too" she whispered and her eyes went wide when Irene looked at the door. "Narinig niya ba ang sinabi ko?" She thought to herself

"MARIA WHITE VICTORIANA!" Irene shouted her name, she's now trembling. "She saw me" she whispered and she immediately walked and was about to go to her room but Irene came out.

"I'm calling you, White!" Irene shouted again. White turned around to face Irene who is now dead serious. "Why po?" White gently asked.

"Is that your new talent?!" Irene asked seriously. "What are you talking about po?" White asked, she's acting like she doesn't know about what her mother's talking about.

"Do not make yourself stupid nor look like stupid, White." Irene said with no emotion. Napalunok naman si White dahil sa sinabi ng mommy niya, wala na siyang takas.

"No mommy, sorry po. Kakatok sana ako pero bukas pala ang pinto" White explained herself. Nawala ang kanyang kaba ng masabi niya yon.

"Okay. May narinig ka?" She coldly asked again.

"Nothing, I just saw you h-hugging" umiling iling si White habang sinasabi niya yon. Tumango si Irene at pumasok ulit sa kwarto kung saan naghihintay si Stephany sa kanya.  Pumasok na din si White sa kwarto niya.

"How's White, tita?" Stephany asked as she sat on the bed. "Wala naman daw narinig. Mabuti nalang, hindi pa ako handa, hindi din siya handa" Irene uttered. Stephany just nodded and lumapit siya kay Irene.

She tapped Irene's shoulder and she whispered "it's fine tita, maiintindihan ka niya" before she left the room. Irene smiled bitterly. "Yeah, of course, she will understand" she said to herself and she decided to go downstairs.

She's preparing their breakfast in the kitchen with Stephany when White approached her. "I have to go mommy" White said as she make beso with Irene. "Okay take care" she said her eyes went wide when she realizes what she just said. Natatawa naman si Stephany sa reaction niya.

Palabas na si White ng kusina ng lingunin niya si Irene "Wait wha-- what did you say, mom?" She asked. "I didn't s-say a-anything" utal na sabi ni Irene.

"No, may sinabi ka kanina nung bumeso ako" sabi ni White, she's so happy. "I said I didn't say anything! Ang simple lang non hindi mo ma understand?!" Irene said in her normal voice pero para siyang sumisigaw dahil sa tono ng kanyang pagsasalita.

"I'm sorry, I thought you said something" White said while her smile fade slowly. She turned around and walked out of the kitchen while wiping her tears.

Sinundan siya ni Stephany at nilapitan. Niyakap niya ito ng mahigpit na halatang kinagulat ni White. "What are you doing?" mahinang tanong ni White, tumingin si Stephany sa kanya at pinunasan ang mga luha niya. "Take care and good luck" bulong nito. Napangiti naman si White.

"Thank you, S-stephany?" Hindi siguradong sabi ni White, binigyan naman ni Stephany si White ng napakalawak na ngiti. "You can call me ate Steph, if you want" she said. White hugged her back and she smiled.

"Thank you ate Steph. Thank you also for making my mommy happy" she said, tinapik tapik nalang ni Stephany ang likod ni White ng marinig niyang tumatangis ito.

"Don't cry na, from now on I will be your friend and ate" Stephany said, White nodded. Nag beso na sila sa isa't isa at kumaway ng makasakay na si White sa van. "Bye" they both happily said.

Stephany came back in the kitchen with a beautiful smile on her face. "Why did you do that?" Irene asked softly. "Why not? She can be independent with a friend. You know tita, kailangan niya din ng kaibigan sa ginagawa mo sa kanya. Alam ko naman pong maiintindihan ka niya pero what if huli na para makapag explain ka? What if mapuno na siya diba? Don't worry tita Irene, I'll know my limit" she said, Irene smiled. "thank you" Irene said at pinagpatuloy na nila ang ginagawa nila

...