Disappointment

White arrived at the Araneta household with a very big smile on her face. She happily placed her bag on her study table inside her room.

Umuwi siya ng maaga at wala pa ang parents niya. Naalala niyang day off ng mga maids tuwing tuesday kaya siya lang mag isa sa bahay. She went to her balcony and breath the fresh air that came from the tall trees in their front yard.

"I love this" she said and flashed a beautiful smile. She closed her eyes while thinking about what happened earlier in the school. She realized that she made friends with someone in school and that serves as a big achievement for her as an introverted person.

She's being so proud of herself because she knows no one will do it for her. Not even thinking about her father who is always there at her back and willing to sacrifice everything for his daughter's own sake.

White suddenly opened her eyes and her smile started to fade when she thought about the incident that happened at the cafeteria earlier. "That witch" she said as she rolled her eyes. She decided to go inside and sleep.

White laid down. After minutes of thinking, she fell asleep.

Irene, on the other hand, is in the company. She's busy signing some of the paperworks when she received a call.

Dean is calling

She answered it immediately because she knows it's about her daughter.

"Hello mrs. Dean?" Irene said

"Good day mrs. Araneta" Dean said before sighing.

"Is everything alright?" Irene asked, she started to worry because of the sigh that she heard.

"Actually no, Mrs. Araneta" The dean said

"Okay, so what happened? Can we go straight to the point po? I'm busy din po kasi. Sorry" She said, trying her best not to show her irritated attitude.

"Your daughter, Ms. White Araneta, nakipag away po siya kanina sa cafeteria and we reviewed the CCTV footage and we saw that she's the first one to make the fight physical. She slapped Ms. Shane" The dean said, Irene held the phone tighter.

She sighed before talking "okay thank you Mrs. Dean. I'll talk to her when we get home." She said and ended the call.

Bumalik siya kaagad sa ginagawa niya at mabilis niya itong tinapos. Pumunta siya sa office ni Greggy dahil magkaiba sila ng office kahit na mag asawa sila. Ayaw na ayaw ni Irene na pinapakialaman ang mga gamit niya kaya nagbukod siya ng office.

"Are you done? I'm going home" she said coldly. "I'm not yet done hon. Is there something wrong?" Greggy asked as he stood up from his swivel chair and went to Irene and he hugged her from the back.

"Kakausapin ko ang anak mo. May nakaaway siya sa school kanina." She said. "Kung hindi ka pa tapos, mauuna na ako." She added and she walked out of the office. Sinara niya ang pinto ng padabog kaya naman nakagawa ito ng malakas na ingay.

Agad naman inayos ni Greggy ang mga gamit niya sa table kahit hindi pa siya tapos at mabilis na sinundan si Irene pero naka alis na ito gamit ang kotse nila.

Greggy left there no choice kaya sumakay siya ng taxi pauwi dahil sabay silang pumasok ni Irene kanina.

Irene got home and she immediately went straight to White's room. She knocked at the door because it was locked. "Open this door, stubborn" She said loudly. "Why are you locking your door huh?" She asked irritatedly.

"Yes mom?" White shouted bago siya tumayo galing sa kama. Tamad siyang naglalakad papunta sa pinto at kinukusot pa ang mata nito. Binuksan niya ang pinto at bumungad sa kanya ang isang Irene na namumula na dahil sa inis at galit.

"What did you do earlier huh?" Irene asked. "I didn't do anything, mommy," White answered. "Liar" Irene said as she pulled some of White's hair. "The dean of your school called me earlier. Galing ka sa away huh?" Irene added. White just looked at her in shock.

"W-what?" White asked as if she knows nothing. "Nakipag away kaba? Tell me!" Irene shouted "Y-yes po but--" hindi na natuloy ang sinasabi ni White ng maramdaman niyang dumapo sa kanyang mukha ang kamay ng mommy niya. Did she just slapped me? White thought to herself.

"I'm so disappointed in you, White. Wala ka ng ginawang tama." Irene said in disappointment. "Wala ka naman pong nakikitang tamang ginawa k-ko" White answered while her eyes were filled with water and her voice broke.

Irene looked at her in disbelief "Marunong ka ng sumagot?!" Sabi ni Irene at sasampalin na sana niya si White ulit pero dumating si Greggy. "Hey! You are going to hurt her again, aren't you?" Seryosong sabi ni Greggy bago niya yakapin si White.

"She answered me back, Gregorio!" Irene said "of course she will. Sa dinami dami mo ng ginawang mali sa kanya, satingin mo ba mapipigilan niya pa rin ang pagsagot niya sayo? And I heard her, wala naman mali sa sinabi niya dahil wala ka naman talagang nakitang tama sa mga ginagawa niya" He said, Irene was too stunned to speak. She left them and she went to her room, simply crying.

"What really happened?" Greggy asked as he wiped the tears of his daughter. "I was involved in a small fight earlier, da" White admitted, trying her best not to cry but she failed. Greggy hugged her and White hugged her back. "B-but I'm not the one who started it. Inaamin ko, ako ang unang nanakit pero hindi ko yon kasalanan." White explained, still crying.

"I know, I know. I believe in you" Greggy comforted her. "Intindihin mo na lang din ang mommy mo, nabigla lang siguro siya dahil hindi niya inexpect yon. Alam niyang mabuti kang bata kaya hindi niya inaasahan yon" Greggy added, White just nodded her head and she wiped her tears. "Thank you, da" White said. "I'm always here for you, my princess" Greggy said as she caressed his daughter hand.

They both went downstairs and not bothered to call Irene who's now sleeping because of tiredness and stress.

"So how's school?" Greggy asked while pouring juice in the glass and he gave it to White. "Thanks, da. It's all good not until that Shane went to our table and tinulak niya ako para sa kanila mapunta ang table" She said "Nagkaroon po ako ng kaibigan da" She proudly added. Greggy smiled at her

"Really? That's very clever, White" He said, giving his best to show White that he is proud of what White did. "I know that," She said, proudly. Greggy chuckled.

"I remember something, hmm" Greggy said "What is it?" White asked, curiously. "You didn't say bye to me earlier hmp" Greggy said as he pouted his lips "I'm sorry da, may ka meeting ka kasi kanina nong sumilip ako sa office mo" White explained.

"Kahit na, sana kumatok ka." Greggy said while rolling his eyes "tampo na tuloy ako hmp" he added. Tawang tawa naman si White sa reaction ng daddy niya not until they heard Irene. "Stop doing that Gregorio. Hindi bagay sayo and can you please stop taking her side? Its kinda irritating me" She said as she walked down the stairs.

"Why would I stop? As long as I know that she's right, I won't stop defending her" Greggy answered back. "You can go outside if you don't want to see us like this," he added.

Irene took the key of the car and her bag and she went outside. Nakita nila Greggy at White na sumakay siya sa kotse at tuluyan ng umalis. Greggy was so disappointed on what his wife dids.

"Let her be" He said and White just nodded her head. Tinuloy na lang nila ang kanilang pagkain at pumasok na sa kani kanilang kwarto pagkatapos.

It's 5:00 pm when she fell asleep.

...