Where it began

"fucking itch" I grumbled trying to scratch the itchy spot under my cast with a wire. I've only had this stupid pink cast on for a mere 8 hours and I already wanted to rip it off.

"Why did I have to choose pink? Of all colours drunk me could have chosen, I choose pink? I hate pink" Norah my best friend and roommate giggled from her place on her bed. "don't laugh you could have stopped me, wait no you were drunker than I was, your girlfriend could have stopped me, could have said something along the lines of 'yo Andy I don't think pink is a good idea, how about we choose this lovely dark red colour instead' but no Laura just let it happen as well" Norah only laughed louder.

I knew I was being overly grumpy but no one had the right to judge me, I didn't sleep at all last night because I just had to fall down the stairs at some lame party, break my left arm only to be rushed to the ER and get it cast in a PINK cast.

I'm never drinking again.

"you should get some sleep" Norah chuckled pulling on her shoes. "you think?" I snapped apologizing right after. She had been able to get some sleep in this morning, I couldn't sleep due to the pain in my arm and the awful feeling of claustrophobia I had because my arm was wrapped in something I was not able to take off.

"go sleep." Norah ordered before slinging her bag over her shoulder "Thank Laura for me." I called after her "I will" she shot back before she was out of the door and I climbed underneath the covers of my bed.

Norah and I shared a tiny one-bedroom apartment just off campus, we had been sharing since the first year in which she met her now girlfriend Laura. The three of us have been friends ever since.

I managed to get in a few hours of sleep before my hunger decided I had had enough sleep. I slumped into the kitchen only to be faced with the bright yellow sticky note stuck to the fridge 'Groceries' it read. Yup, we were out of groceries because we had been procrastinating on getting them.

My stomach grumbled loudly and I sighed, gorceries it is. I was not going to spend money on an overpriced croissant from the café again like I had done a few mornings in a row already. I pulled a big hoodie on over my shirt and deemed it good enough, sweats and a hoodie it was.

It was cold and raining outside...great. I pulled on my trench coat and grabbed my bag from the hall before walking out of the apartment locking the door behind me. I fixed my hair in the elevator mirror pulling it into a half bun which always seemed to do the trick.

Our apartment might be tiny, but at least we had some money left over for a car, which surprise surprise was also tiny. I speed walked over to the white Toyota Aygo Norah and I shared. I struggled a bit trying to open the door with one hand.

I let out a sigh of relief once I made it inside the car and shut the door after me. I drove the 15 minutes to the grocery store listening to the playlist I had recently been into, by having hooked my phone up with an aux cable.

I however am glad it was my left hand that I broke and not my right, for one, now I could still write, two I am in art school being able to make art is kinda important seeing as I am right handed, three driving a manual would have sucked if I had to switch gears the whole time with a broken hand.

It was not busy at all, seeing as it was 10 am on a Monday morning, a rainy Monday morning. I parked my car near the entrance and speed walked inside like I had done earlier to get to my car.