Safe space

Like real people do – hozier

I had a thought dear however scary
About that night the bugs and the dirt

I will not ask you where you came from
I will not ask and neither should you

Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do

I knew that look dear
Eyes always seeking

"Let's go" timothee said standing up from the couch after our embrace "where to?" I asked but he just shrugged "you trust me don't you?" He asked and I nodded, of course I did. "Then just follow my lead okay?" I nodded again and followed him into the hallway where we put on our shoes and jackets again.

Spring was just around the corner and it was starting to heat up outside already. We went into the elevator and instead of pressing the button leading us to the basement he pressed the one leading to the ground floor, wherever we were going we were walking there apparently which surprised me.

"Timothee I don't know about this" I admitted as I stopped walking infront of the exit. "I'm here, nothing will happen I promise, it's already starting to get dark out which makes us less recognisable and paparazzis usually don't like taking pictures in the dark"

I shook off my nerves and grabbed his hand again after pulling my hood up just in case. We started walking and I still had no clue what we would be doing.

"A library?" I asked as we walked up to the entrance of one. "Yup" timothee asnwered as he held the door open for me. "This one closes at nine which makes it very popular among students because here they can study longer, I used to be one of those students" Timothee explained as we went straight into the stairwell at the side after greeting the librarian before being noticed by anyone else.

We walked all the way to the top floor which was cramped with old bookcases with even older books in them, like no one ever read them but they also didn't want to throw them away so they stashed them up here.

Timothee held my hand as he weaved us trough the narrow paths between shelves until one of them had a corner which led to a dead end. Before I could ask questions I noticed the dusty pillows and a blanket on the floor. "Haven't been here in ages" Timothee mumbled as he kneeled down to wipe off the dust.

He sat down in the cozy little corner and patted the empty spot beside himself for me to sit down which I did. As I was sitting I noticed one line of books had less dust then all the others.

"I found this place while in high school just before I was casted as Elio" he started explaining as his eyes scanned the row of old dusty books. "I was trying to find a place I could hide, I thought the library was save enough" he hesitated before going on "but soon the uhm, the bullies found out I was hanging out here so my safe space was taken from me, Matilda the librarian had noticed those guys bothering me and so she told me about the top floor, told me I could come by whenever I needed too, she allowed me to bring some readable books up here too"

I stayed silent allowing him the space he needed to reveal all this.

"Sometimes on long nights she would come up with tea" he smiled at the memory. "There was a period of time where I didn't come here anymore that was when Call me by your name was beginning to get recognition, but when I started feeling bad again this became my safe spot once more"

"The last time I came here was the day I met you, I spent hours up here trying to find any of your socials" he chuckled.

"I haven't come back since you came into my life, I guess you started to become my safe space"