hot summer nights

the underlined sentences are in french, but seeing as I don't want to rely on google translate I'm just gonna write them in English with a beautiful underline to indicate they're supposed to be in french haha, enjoy this chapter.

"Tomorrow we're organizing a neighborhood dinner, we do this once a month where we line up tables in the street and everyone cooks something and we all share food and stories, I would love it if you two would join in" Cora explained as we were chatting after dinner.

Timothee gasped and his face lit up "that's tomorrow?" he asked excitedly.

"sure is mon petit soleil" Cora nodded and Timothee turned to me to ask if I wanted to do it too since there would be a lot of people.

"Timothee do you really think I would say no when you're practically bouncing in your seat, besides it sounds lovely" I chuckled, Timothee smiled brightly and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

The next day Timothee and I mainly lounged around the beach.

With sun-kissed skin and summer heat-dazed minds, we went back into the house around 3 pm, to get showered and start making dinner with Cora.

We moved around the kitchen together just like we did the night before

We could hear the faint sound of people setting up tables through the open kitchen window.

"Cora! How is it going need any help?" a woman around Cora's age walked in through the open door.

"oh no I'm fine Jo, I've got my grandson and his girlfriend to help me" cora answered smiling at the woman who had halted when she saw Timothee and I.

"TIMOTHEE, mon garcon, oh how you've grown" the woman walked over to Timothee with wide arms for a hug.

"Jo! It's lovely to see you again" Timothee smiled accepting her hug. Jo cupped his cheeks as she pulled back inspecting his face.

"oh you've changed so much, you look so much older" Jo cooed. Timothee shot me a look over her shoulder which made me chuckle. Jo had heard the chuckle and turned around to find where it came from.

"oh and you must be the girlfriend, I'm Jo, you really managed to get a good boy here" her French accent was thick as she struggled to find the right words but I was able to understand what she was saying.

"I know, I feel lucky to have him, oh I'm Andy" I greeted a bit awkwardly but the woman didn't seem to mind.

"kids, will you put the table outside, Jo and I will finish cooking in here" Cora asked Timothee and I, Timothee seemed grateful for the opportunity to get out of there so he took it without hesitation.

Timothee and I put the chairs aside and both picked up a side of the table to carry it outside. "she seemed intense" I whispered as soon as we were in the hallway.

"she is" Timothee chuckled, looking back over his shoulder to assure he wouldn't be walking into anything seeing as he was walking backward. "she is lovely don't get me wrong, she's just... a lot"

As soon as we walked outside we were met with the sight of the whole street lined with tables and people walking around setting everything up. There were people on ladders hanging stringed lights from one side of the street to the other to hang above the tables.

There was a small group setting up some boxes for music, a guitar was also put out next to them.

We put the table down and a few people noticed us, some I'd seen before, others who we haven't seen yet. The latter all came to say hi to Timothee.