Tear in my heart

Timothee's pov

I smiled to myself as I shot a glance at the girl sleeping in her seat next to me, my girl.

We've almost made it home, this trip must've taken a lot out of her, being social the whole day, doing all these activities. I'm beginning to understand Andy more and more, I'm beginning to notice when she's starting to get overwhelmed, or when something is too scary for her to do but she's to shy to tell.

When we got into the car earlier she was feeling very sad which was understandable after the emotional goodbye she had with her family, so I decide to cheer her up by blasting some music and making it our own car pool karaoke.

"Thank you" Andy smiled at me after we just sung our hearts out to bohemian rhapsody. "For cheering me up" she added. "I might be able to cheer you up more, but that depends on if you like it or not" I told her deciding to break some news I got to her.

"Now you're making me nervous" she let out a nervous laugh and sat up a bit more. I quickly reached out and grabbed her hand in mine "hey no need to be nervous, we just got an offer and you can either accept or decline it" I reassured her and she seemed to relax after that.

"The karaoke reminded me of James's carpool karoake which reminded me he contacted me yesterday" she nodded for me to go on. "Well he asked if I wanted to be on the show, the first one in the new year, and he asked if you were willing to join in on one of the games"

Her eyes lit up and she gasped "are you serious?" She asked "no I'm actually the fan cast for regulus not Sirius" I joked at which she rolled her eyes with a laugh understanding my reference. "But yeah I'm serious".

"This is like, wow, yes I'd like to join" she rambled with a big smile on her face, the one that went all the way up to her eyes making them crinkle.

Notice me- role model

On the way to the village I thought about how I would tell her she. I was thinking over everything we've done together since the start, about all the little hints I've been trying to give her, and over the thing she did which gave me hope, hope she liked me back, hope she noticed me the same way I notice her.

Now I'm sitting here looking at the snow slowly getting less and less the closer we get to the city, thinking about her again. But not thinking about how to tell her I love her, but thinking how damn lucky I am to have her love me.

When I walked into the store that one rainy morning and my eyes landed on the pretty girl a little farther into the store, I would've never expected us to end up where we are now. With her sleeping next to me, and me avoiding the holes in the road so I don't wake her up. Mentally Cursing the government for not fixing the roads.

That morning, her rain soaked hair with some small locks sticking to her cheeks and forehead. Her joggers and trenchcoat which had small raindrops collecting on top of the fabric. Her little scrunch of her nose when she stood on her tippy toes to reach the top shelf.

I was found staring at her like some love sick fool. Something about her just lured me in. Maybe it was the way she was determined to reach that top shelf even when she was too short and had a broken hand. Maybe it was the rosy tint on her cheeks and the red tip of her nose which made her look adorable.

Or maybe it was just her.

Whatever it was, it had me build up the confidence to walk over to her, say Hi maybe, say some stupid pick up line only for her to realise who I am maybe, asking for a picture and leaving staring at the picture of us on her phone.

I realised that might be the ending as I neared her, about to turn back around too afraid for that disappointment, I'd rather avoid it. But then as I was making my move to turn around I heard her wince and I saw the can of tomato soup drop to the ground before the crashing sound was heard.