Mon petit soleil

"Wanna go to france with me?"

I promptly choked on my orange juice at the sudden question. "Pardon?" I asked coughing a bit and Timothee chuckled.

"It's summer, so I kinda want to go on a vacation with you, my Nan lives in a small town there, it's a place where I can escape everything" he started explaining.

"Everyone there knows me, but not because I'm Timothee that actor, no, there I'm Timothee, Coraline's petit fils, that means grandson"

"Anyways I spent a lot of time there, and I would love to take you some day" he finished

"Timmy you know I'd love to go" I answered with a big smile, a summer in France sounded like a dream. But I might be biased because doing anything with Timmy sounded like a dream

"I'll make the arrangements then" he smiled as we continued to eat breakfast together.

In the two weeks leading up to our vacation Timothee told me about all the things he wanted to do with me once there, like going to the market and visiting some people he grew up around, going to this specific restaurant and check out all the cool spots he had found throughout the years.

His grandma would pick us up from the airport and drive us to the town. We arranged with management that we wouldn't have to post anything, this vacation was ours, we got to keep it private which we very much appreciated.

"I'm nervous" I stated as we stood in the arrival hall waiting for our luggage to come down the rollers.

"What for?" Timothee asked genuinely, sunglasses pushed up in his air ready to put on the moment we would step outside.

"For meeting your grandma, what if she doesn't like me and she's stuck with me for the upcoming two weeks"

Timothee chuckled with a shake of his head. "You have nothing to worry about, she knows you're important to me so you're important to her"

"You're very close aren't you?" It was a rhetorical question.

"We really are, even if we don't see each other that much, but when we see one another it's like we were never apart, she is a feisty and funky lady, knows what she wants and does what she wants but she has a literal heart of gold" his eyes were filled with love as he talked about his grandma.

After we collected our suitcases we went outside to the parking lot where his grandmother Coraline was waiting for us. As soon as we stepped outside we were hit with the warm summer sun. I was glad I was only wearing shorts and a tied button up.

I held Timothee's hand as he scanned the parking lot, it wasn't hard to find her, Coraline was leaning against a bright red jeep, sunglasses in the same shade perched on her nose with a beaded chain to hang them around her neck.

She really was a funky lady. With her white hair pulled up in a loose bun, a yellow blouse and denim shorts like I was wearing. You could see that she has a young soul.

As soon as she spotted us she pushed herself off the side of her car and came running over. Timothee dropped my hand and his bag to envelope her in a big hug.

"Mon petit soleil, tu m'as manqué" she cried into his shoulder.

"Moi aussi, Grand-mere" he said pulling back to peck her cheek.

"Oh how you've grown" she said surprisingly in English this time. "Oh how you've shrunk" Timothee joked earning.    him a swat to the arm. "Désolé, grand-mere, je plaisante"