Before Light - chapter 7

<Ⅵ>

   " Why....?" 

   Yuri asked the defeated Varium

   " Why are you doing this...??"

   " You don't know... What the Land of Light is..."

Varium hissed grimacely

  " No one else does, but we do !.... Your Boyfriend over there Knows it too !..... Such an imbecile....!"

  " WHAT DO YOU KNOW ?!?!"

 Yuri shouted angrily, pointing her rifle at Varium, tears in her eyes, still not believing her new friend had turned into a Demonic Starbreaker, a Dark Unerva.

   " ..... There's nothing in the There. 

  Only Light.

  No me, 

  No You.

  Nothing. 

 Only Light."

 " I Don't believe You !!" 

  Yuri stammered, her view blurred by tears.

 " That's because you are tricked, by Their lies. But you know what they are doing is wrong too. I can sense it. Search deep in your heart and you'll know it is true."

Varium cackled, as her Dark Hand turned into slithering tentacles and she slowly escaped the tunnel

  " You can ask your boyfriend now...

He now Remembers...The darkness in him has been awakened."

Lo, there it was, the Dark finger, peircing through Vitas' chest, sinking into his body.

...

.........

   " Excellent work, Firren."

  Bradson Captain nodded, as they all returned to the Betelgeuse

   " The Lights you have saved, had exceeded the numbers and records your seniors have made."

    Firren siad nothing.

   " Say it, Firren. Leave nothing behind." Captain Bradson spoke calmly.

   " Well, then, 'Captain',"

  Firren asked, mustering courage in his heart

  " ...Why let Vitas join the squad ? You know what happened to him ! He is now even dangerous then he will ever be !"

" Because he is also one of us. One of you, Firren. Is he not ?"

Bradson asked

" ...I know your emotions may lead to your judgement, I so do mine. He is...Like the children, one of my students after all. i won't leave him behind."

" Even if it endangers Yuri ?"

FIrren asked, indignantly.

Bradson captain answered with grave silence, which Firren nodded, and stomped out the cabin.

...

........

  Lima had a dream.

  Of a loli, a younger loli, 

  Crying.

  " Why are you crying ?" Asked a shadow sitting next to the crying loli.

  " I lost my friends !" The loli wailed