Before Light - chapter 12

「Turritopsis dohrnii / immortal jellyfish」

「→ found in Mediterranean Sea

And in the waters of Japan.」

「※ Through reversing its body cells to a younger state—the polyp stage, over and over again......... The key : Transdifferentiation

......(Stem cells).....」

" Cas, I found it."

He stood up from the bricks and broken furniture, brushing the dust off the cover of a dark blue leather notebook.

" Found what ?"

" My notes !"

The young man with the notebook came to the door, flipping over the fragile pages excitedly, without looking up for his companion.

「........ ※ Infra-Sound......」

" Cas ! It's all here ! The texts !"

「 Infra-Sound :

sometimes referred to as low frequency sound, sound lower in frequency than 20HZ. 」

「 → Hearing becomes less sensitive as frequent lowers, so............. Possible to feel Infra-Sound vibrations through various parts of the body. 」

" Cas ! You must see this ! Cas !"

The young man finally looked up from his own notebook.

But there was no one.

Save for himself, standing in the dark shattered abandoned house. Alone.

" Cas...?"

The young man lowered his voice immediately, slowly lowering his body as well, looking at his surroundings vigilantly for any signs of unnatural movement.

There came a small snap from a room at the end of the hallway, making him turn around with a quick jump, to see nothing inside the deserted room.

His room. Which used to be.

The notebook he hid cautiously into his dusty get coat, while gingerly moving again into his room, good back close to the ravaged walls.

His eyes scanned right to left quickly.

His old bed, still intact but covered with a thick layer of dust.

The posters on the wall now lay on the ground, leaving the blank square areas on the tattered walls.

The clock broken, it's insides scattered around the lamp stand.

The window, still behind wooden planks pinned deep all over.

The light, coming from above,

Where the roof used to be.

He came to the books scattered all over the dusty wood floor, and discerned for useful books to add to his collection.

That was when he heard again the mechanic snap, this time from under his bed.

A dim light glowing from beneath.

The young Man suddenly remembered, kneeling down as fast as he could and saw, with a smile on his dirty sweaty face, pushing the books underneath the bed aside to have a better look to marvel at his old creation, still working on its own through all these years, the pride of his imagination humming a distance away, as if waiting for his return.