- Chapter 2 -

THE RETURN OF GRACE WEBB (part one),7th of November 9:34 am,One month, one week and one day after the incident

(part one),
7th of November 9:34 am,
One month, one week and one day after the incident. 1 1 1.

"The number 111 has a strong connection to the process of spiritual awakening."

———

The lights stung my eyes as I forced them open. Crusty eye sleep attempted to glue my eyelashes shut. My eyelids felt sticky with fatigue, as if I had only slept for three hours on a hot summers night and I had to squint to adjust to the aggressive brightness of the room. My pupils were rejecting their assigned job to react to light accordingly, making the room appear as one huge surreal blur. A snowy white haze.

My throat felt sore and dehydrated. As did my tongue that felt horrifically like sandpaper, as if it were covered in a layer of pulled apart cotton balls.

As I began to pull myself up, I felt my neck lull at the weight of my own head. Struggling to provide me support. A migraine instantly burst through blood vessels inside my skull, forcing a groan sound to escape my sharp throat. My hand instinctively shot up to apply pressure to the side of my forehead, as if I was dealing with a violent brain freeze; and that's when I noticed the drip that was inserted into the thin skin, taped to my wrist, the tube connecting to a stand that carried multiple bags of clear fluids.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Where am I?

My eyes were still massively struggling to adjust to anything that wasn't directly in front of me, as I continuously blinked hoping for colours to form shape.

"Oh, heavens! Poppy, she's awake!" A voice said as my vision finally began to focus and readjust to my surroundings, though they still burnt and felt sticky.

I blinked a couple of times more, properly beginning to sit up in the...hospital bed I was led in.

"Lay back down, sweet." Madam Pomfrey frantically walked towards me. Tiny heels clicking with each purposeful step.

I couldn't seem to move back into the led position I awoke in. My muscles feeling cramped into a now seated position, seizing slightly as if I hadn't used them in a while.

"Why am I here?" I asked, my voice breaking and sounding as if I had swallowed razor blades. Scratchier and lower than my usual tone.

Madam Pomfrey simply sat down on the edge beside me, reaching out for my wrist and neck to check for a pulse.

"Her heart rate is within normal range, jot that down." She said over to the other nurse who had stood to attention from afar, watching in amazement. As if I were some alien and they were government scientists.

Madam Pomfrey finally made eye contact with me. A smile finding it's way onto her pink face.

"Good morning, honey. Can you tell me your name?" She asked in a calming tone, which I felt was a little patronising due to my confusion and that she had ignored my prior question.