- Chapter 34 -

Sirius' POV SLAMMING DOORS,———

Sirius' POV
SLAMMING DOORS,
———

"What are you doing?" I asked as I entered the detention room to meet James about ten minutes after his time finished.

He was the only one left in the room.

It was Wednesday, and James has this rule about not doing homework towards the lead up to Christmas. Ultimately it ends up with him having to schedule in an hour a day as punishment. As if the teachers think he's going to submit. Though it never worked, evidenced by the fact this is a pattern since third year where he decided "enough was enough" and that the entire month of December was dedicated to Christmas and why would he work on Christmas?

"Painting." He said so casually.
"Got proper stuck into it actually. I think it's quite good."

He took a step back from a small canvas, paint brush in hand and nodded with pride towards his page.

"That's the candle thing. Look it's identical." He pointed to the corner of the same room he was using as a reference.

"Candelabra." I corrected and I laughed at him and how ridiculous he often was. His childlike innocence or spirit, instantly melting away the judgement I had entered the room with.

"Candle blah blah" James mouthed childishly, confirming.

"How've you managed that anyway?"

"With paint, Sirius."

"No. I mean I've always had to sit in silence. Or do homework." I said with curiously and an air of amusement.

"Easy, I said it was homework." James shrugged.

I nodded with the attitude of 'fair enough'.

"Anyway!" James threw down the paint brush quickly.
"Get me the fuck outta here. We have gossip."

He left his paint and things around, no regard for the typical trail he, James Potter, often left behind. I usually trailed behind him for two reasons,

1. He had the energy of an overly caffeinated, man on a mission and walked too fast at points. Having no spatial awareness.

2. I often had to flick my wand to clean up the mess he left behind as he mindlessly moved on. Not considering the consequences of the mess he left behind.

Today was both.

"What's gotten into you?" I said. Quickly cleaning the space and having to rush after him.

James spun around about five large steps in front of me, a devilish grin on his face.

He didn't wait a second before continuing to run off, making me follow him to the dorm rooms.