- Chapter 52 -

THE PURE BLOOD CHRISTMAS PARTY, (Part one) At Malfoy Manor ———"Oh don't you girls look gorgeous!" Mrs Parkinson said, as we all met to apparate together

(Part one)
At Malfoy Manor
———
"Oh don't you girls look gorgeous!" Mrs Parkinson said, as we all met to apparate together.

Mrs Parkinson's a glamorous woman. And like Ramona had described her, awfully vein. Which explained things, as far as understanding Ramona. She was a proper woman, very well spoken and carried herself tall despite being small. I heard that she run a ladies tea, which many of the pure blooded and/or wealthy witches joined. An excuse to sit around a gossip. One day our Vinny was going to join, I could see it now.

Patrick and Mr Parkinson then wandered into the room. Both in three piece suits and both looking as handsome as I remembered.

Patrick has always been awfully handsome, though I couldn't seem to have a cliche 'best friend's brother' crush on him. Despite his beauty, he has always had an entitlement about him that I found generally unattractive. He also has treated me, like a momentary little sister whenever I was there. Ramona and Patrick, don't always get along and being treated like a little sister, was to be seen as an annoyance - really.

Mr Parkinson was even more intimating than Mrs and not for the same reasons.

Mrs Parkinson is a busy woman, with her social schedule and making appearances and nice with other wealthy families. But despite her properness, that I couldn't quite feel comfortable with and her behaviour indicative of another world I couldn't quite fathom, she has always been welcoming of me. As if I came from one of the families she regularly hosted.

I wasn't quite sure about Mr Parkinson and where I stood with him. Whether that was just him? His steely gaze and how he avoided me whenever I was in the house (which already, was rare). Or whether it was me, and his awareness of my blood status impacted and encouraged his avoidance?

I know the Parkinson's are traditionalists. I know, potentially, that they do value pure bloods higher than me.

Ramona sometimes makes comments that she wished I came from the same background as her, to confirm this.

I don't know how much of that is her wishing I understood parts of her life, or wishing I could be part of more of it, however.

Regardless, I knew of Ramona's own prejudices. That she equally wanted to marry into and continue their pure bloodline; though she was accepting of other friends. As much as I could hate on this view, see it as problematic...she's been nothing but a wonderful (if not overbearing) friend.

I could see how her approach to friendships and her family values, differed. I could see how her Mother also agreed...Patrick and her Dad on the other hand, I wasn't sure.

We all held hands, facing each other in a circle.

I was between Ramona and Patrick.

"You're really coming to a pure blood party, huh?" Patrick said amused and surprised.