- Chapter 5 -

ANOTHER FIRST DAY,10th November,The big reintroduction to Hogwarts life, ———

ANOTHER FIRST DAY,
10th November,
The big reintroduction to Hogwarts life,
———

The final stamp of approval was made by Madam Pomfrey last night. I could finally leave the ward and go back to my dorm room...which also unfortunately meant I could go back to my class timetable.

I was to start attending lessons again.

Which in all honesty, it hadn't felt like I had a break from. The downside to all of the rest and big break I had being that...I wasn't cognitively conscious and appreciative of it.

It simply felt as if I had a long bank holiday weekend off and as much as I'm sure I could milk it, I was starting to feel stir crazy within the hospital walls. I wanted my own bed back. The freedom of roaming the castle on free periods. Not needing accompaniment absolutely everywhere, including having someone sit outside the shower cubicle unless I fainted or something.

It was going to feel nice returning to normalcy; and I feel hopeful it will feel normal.

News blows over fast in Hogwarts. I've shown my face, ghostly pale as it apparently is, and people must be over it by now.

I had my uniform freshly washed and pressed ready for me and led out on the hospital bed, curtain drawn already for my privacy.

It was nice to get changed into it again, after living in pyjamas for - well, a month it seems. My shirt felt a little scratchy but it was a good feeling to do up each stiff button instead of throwing something over my head.

I wasn't allowed to join the others for breakfast or go to my first class, as Madam Pomfrey made sure I was starting my day off with the proper nutrients. Sorting out my medication by time and day for me and giving me another lecture (the same one she had with me yesterday evening) that if I started to feel the tiniest bit abnormal to come straight to the wing to see her.

Once that was all over with...it was time to get back to the good ol' routine.

***

Muggle studies. An easy lesson to kick off my reintroduction to school life, as a Muggle born witch myself. I blessed whoever was looking down on me for a perfectly lined up subject as my first class. I'm just glad it wasn't defence against the dark arts.

"Babe,  no." Suddenly Ramona came up to me as she saw me approach the class where everyone was lingering outside for the teacher.

"What?" I frowned. Not expecting that reaction to me actually turning up to lessons.

She suddenly pulled out a small Penny purse from her school bag. A singular pink blush and some petroleum jelly.

Ramona quickly and violently rubbed two fingers in  the blush and started swiping them on my cheeks.

"Whoa," I said, pulling my head back.

"I am not giving anyone the chance to say anything bad to you today." She said sternly, pulling me back and blending out the pink on my cheeks. Giving a really tiny tap to them once she was finished.