- Chapter 17 -

A SWEET SURPRISE,———

A SWEET SURPRISE,
———

"I'll walk you back to your common room." Sirius said assertively.

"Six years at Hogwarts, I'm sure I can make it back there myself." I laughed at him.

"Wouldn't want you to go wandering anywhere you shouldn't, seems like a habit of yours." Sirius joked.

I shot him a look, but I let it slide considering the amount of colourblind jokes I had made throughout the afternoon.

We spent the entire afternoon in the back corner of the three broomsticks; Sirius had suggested wandering around the shops but I declined. There was something comforting about hiding away in the pub corner, it removed some of the anxiety that Ramona had drilled into me about being seen with him outside of Hogwarts. That, and the wind was only getting louder and stronger outside.

It was more casual than I worried it could have been. It definitely felt more like spending time with a friend, than a date. However, I didn't buy one drink that was drunk and every time a door was close to me I didn't have the option of opening it myself.

Sirius avoided most of my questions tactfully. He was very good at redirecting and keeping a flow of a conversation that catered to his own needs, without feeling like he was being purposefully rude.

He was rude. In his sense of humour, but not in manners.

It did surprise me how he was exactly as people described and still, yet nothing like the rumours.

He was described to be charismatic, that was true. But it didn't feed into the rumour that he was truly arrogant, which initially I thought he was too. The truth was that he had a strange sense of humour, one that was very playful but in quite a subtle way. If you weren't paying attention to his intentions, it did come across as arrogance.

Sirius was also described as a playboy of sorts, I couldn't figure out if that were the truth yet but I knew he wasn't overly forward with me (despite the stubbornness that it was a date we were on). Perhaps it was because I wasn't keen on opening up in that way that he wasn't too flirty with me. Or perhaps I had completely misread his flirting as playfulness. Either way, I could understand if his confidence in himself easily attracted people who were open to explore that side of him.

There was something very intriguing about him. Something I couldn't quite pinpoint. I couldn't exactly figure out how I felt about him.

He didn't feel like my friend, but I was as comfortable (surprisingly) sat, chatting with him as I would have been with one of the girls.

It was a different comfortability though, one I was considering was a new feeling for me. One I couldn't quite label yet.

I didn't fancy him. I couldn't.