- Chapter 55 -

BEHIND THE CURTAIN, Regulus' POV

BEHIND THE CURTAIN,
Regulus' POV.
———

"Are you done making the guests cry, Bella?" I said. Biting my tongue as much as possible.

Bella ignored me, despite a small eye roll, and slumped herself on the sofa that Barty removed himself from for her.

"Who's crying now?" Evan laughed as he swigged a mouthful of drink.

Narcissa had just got back from clearing up her own tears. Happy, luckily. Holding out a glass to toast her next life venture, before it's announced to the rest of the guests. An intimate speech to celebrate the joining of households; us and the Malfoy's. Inspiring joyful tears to escape her eyes, as we all celebrated and quietly cheered for their nearing marriage.

With the benefit of no one looking I violently pushed Evan Rosier's thick skull.

His eyes widened with shock before quickly narrowing down upon me. Scowling at me, though I knew he still didn't know why I had hit him.

"Grace. Bella found Grace." I mumbled harshly.

"And?" He shrugged. Still keeping that scowl on his face, now rubbing the side of his head.

"Fucking idiot." I pretty much should have just said in my head, knowing it wouldn't make a difference.
"You can't keep your mouth shut." I still couldn't internalise.

I had heard him, about an hour and a half ago, when Narcissa and I called him into the separate room. We had cigars back here, poker and better drink than the sparkled wine outside of the curtain.

He came in, with a look of confusion on his face and subtly pointing behind him. Though in no specific direction.

"What's that girl doing here?" He said.

"What girl?" Narcissa had asked.

"Reg is tutoring her. I've forgotten her name."

"What?" I remember looking equally confused and resisted the urge to snap my head back around the curtain to see if he was imaging or mistaking things.

"The forest girl, you know,"

"Forest girl?" Narcissa was intrigued, secretly loving a gossip as much as Evan loved to provide it.

"Rumour has it she smashed in Valeria and Octavia's faces, too. Isn't that right, Reg? Wild one by the pattern of things."

"Ah, are we talking about the forest freak? I saw her too. At the back." Barty had come along and joined us at this point, losing a game of poker sorely.

"Yeah, Grace is out there. With Ramona. Great dress. They both look lovely." Suddenly Pandora had popped up out of nowhere. Now bored of people watching, more than likely.