- Chapter 3 -

THE RETURN OF GRACE WEBB(part two),———

(part two),
———

"Grace!" a bundle of Hufflepuff joy jogged into the hospital wing. Short, dark curly hair bouncing with each step.

"Dorcas!" I smiled at her, coughing a little. Enthusiasm not feeling like an easy tone for my throat to handle yet.

"Oh Merlin, we've been so worried about you!" She leant over and pulled me in for a gentle hug. Being cautious over the drip tube in my hand and overly aware of my frail body.

My eyebrows furrowed together and I could feel the muscles in my chin begin to vibrate.

"I'm so confused." I said in an low whisper as she stayed close.

I was trying my hardest not to cry. Feeling instantly safe enveloped by her comforting aura. Which meant the hardness in my face and stubbornness in my voice melted away and suddenly the walls that protected me from the full force of my fear began to crack.

I was afraid.

Dorcas sat close, getting comfortable on the bed and bringing her knees close to her chest. She held out her hand for me to hold and rested her cheek against the knee she had propped up.

"What do you remember?" She asked, looking at me with big brown sad eyes.

"Nothing that seems to matter, and they won't tell me anything!" I said, feeling my face radiate a manic expression.

"Truthfully, that's because none of us know. We've been hoping you did." She said in a soft voice.

Madam Pomfrey appeared from behind the hospital screen that had been drawn for my privacy. Walking into the space and re-clipping my board onto the end of my bed.

"How much have you told her?" Dorcas turned to ask the head nurse, although I had just said. Maybe asking in a subtle attempt for more clarity.

"Not a lot. I will go into detail, Grace... but I fear it may be too much, all at once. Let's just say hello to friends first, yes?" The woman said before going off to the distant cough in the background that had been sounding all morning.

"She has a point." Dorcas smiled sadly.
"How are you feeling anyway?"

I shrugged.

"Achey. Hungry and tired...which seems like a bad joke." I mumbled.

"Sleeping for a month sounds too tempting, I was almost jealous. So, I'm glad you're not making it seem enviable." Dorcas giggled.

I subtly smiled but not having it in me to laugh back.

"A whole month, just gone. Wasted." I said still in shock.

"The weather has been rubbish, nothing but rain." Dorcas said casually.
"Ravenclaw won the pumpkin carving contest...no surprise there, they do every year...and Slytherin lost their quidditch game this October." She added.