Demons..those are what were rumored to be in the mountains. As a young h/c haired girl sipped her tea, she listened closely in her surroundings, her e/c lightless eyes closed.

The fire that keeps the female warm slowly dying, she sighed and stood up. Putting on her kimono that was left to her by her late father, whilst making sure to hide a small knife where she can easily take it out, she went out and locked her home.

Y/n L/n was always quiet yet quick to react and quick on her feet as well, she didn't believe in such such things as demons hurting her but it was better to be safe than sorry. She's only been seen when she's training for combat or when she needed to buy something from the village.

On her way though, she noticed footsteps that was followed by blood, curious she followed it and saw a boy carrying an injured woman. As she got closer she could somewhat hear what the boy was saying.

"Hang in there Nezuko, you'll be safe once we get to the village.."

The boy, hearing footsteps coming closer, turned and saw a girl with h/l h/c hair approaching, her eyes looks lifeless and guessing from her height she was about the same age as him.

The said girl, looked at the unconscious female the boy was carrying and pointed at her before saying "what happened?"

"M-My family was attacked by demons.." the boy explained "s-she's my sister, Kamado Nezuko, my name is Kamado Tanjiro.."

"L/n Y/n" the girl said and looked at Nezuko "your sister is a demon"

Tanjiro's eyes widened, he was about to argue but was cut off "I can sense her bloodlust.." Y/n said and looked Tanjiro straight in the eyes.

Once again, before he can say anything, Nezuko jumped and started to attack her brother. Sensing Tanjiro's aura, which was a mix of sadness, hope, and fear, Y/n threw a small pebble at Nezuko's head, trying to gain her attention, which worked.

Nezuko turned and leaped forward to Y/n, but before she could reach her she was harshly pushed away, making her crash into a tree to her side.

'A slayer hm.. interesting' Y/n thought, looking at the said slayer from the corners of her eyes, her face still stoic.

As the slayer attacked Nezuko once more, Tanjiro stood up and tried defending his sister, screaming nonsense at the slayer. Y/n watched, her face stoic, yet she found the scene infront of her amusing.

Once both Nezuko and Tanjiro were passed out, Y/n finally walked over to the slayer, the slayer, who didn't seem to notice her in the beginning, looked at her and back at the people that were passed out.

"Are you their sibling as well? You don't look like them" He says.

Y/n shrugs and walked closer "L/n Y/n, can I hold your sword for a minute?"

"Why? That's an odd request.." the slayer says, gripping his sword tightly.

Y/n noticed and stops, then turns to the two that were passed out "May I at least know your name so I can tell the police?" Y/n says this as a joke, but her stoic face, and the coldness of her voice, the slayer didn't seem to see it as one.

"I'm only doing my job"

"It was a joke" Y/n explained "I'll be taking these two now" she says but before she can carry the two the slayer grabbed her by the shoulder to stop her.

"Wait, I have somewhere I plan to send them to, but before I do, I have to know if you're with them, where they're going to is no joke, it would be a long journey, not to mention the dangers they would have to face"

Y/n looked at the two then back at the slayer, 'I am getting bored of staying inside all the time..and something about this boy seems interesting judging by his aura alone..' Y/n thought and nodded.

"Very well, go to at the foot of Sagiri Mountain" he pointed to the direction we needed to go to "there you will meet Sakonji Urokodaki, tell him that Giyu Tomioka sent you, also.." he then points to Nezuko "make sure she stays away from sunlight, she is a demon, sunlight not only hurts them but can also kill them"

Y/n looks down at Nezuko then back to Giyu, "Nice to meet you Giyu-san" she says and starts putting Tanjiro's arms around her neck and puts him on her back, after that, she carries Nezuko, bridal style.

Once Y/n looked back to where Giyu was, he was gone. After a few seconds of getting used to the weight she had to lift, she began to walk back to her house, she figured that once she got to her house the sun would be coming up soon.

❦ ❦ ❦

Once at her house, her prediction was correct, the sun had come out. She looked down at the two siblings that were (surprisingly) still passed out, now on her futon.

She cleaned out the blood that were dripping from Nezuko's head and also cleaned Tanjiro's face. She had gone out to get firewood instead of coal after she layed them down, which she was now using to boil water for some tea.

Tanjiro slowly opened his eyes, only to see that he wasn't in the forest where he last remembered passing out, slowly, he sat up and noticed the h/c girl, which he remembers was L/n Y/n, making tea, her back facing him.

"The slayer told us to go to the foot of Sagiri Mountain, to meet this Sakonji Urokodaki..I figured I would come along for a little help." Y/n says, not even turning around to face the boy.

"W-We should get going then! I-If it means turning my sister back into human-" He was cut off

Y/n turned her body halfway to look at the boy "your sister is a demon" she pointed at Nezuko "she can't touch sunlight or she would get hurt or even die" she turned her back to Tanjiro once again "we'll leave once the sun sets"

Tanjiro nods and looks down on her sister, who was slowly waking up. "Here, put this on her, since I'm assuming she never actually tasted human blood, this prevents her from getting any in her mouth, whether by accident or purposefully" Y/n gives Tanjiro what looked like a bamboo muzzle, he put it on her hesitantly.

Y/n set down some bread and tea for her and Tanjiro "let's eat, you've been asleep since last night 'till this afternoon, Kamado-san"

Tanjiro put a hand up and waved it "Tanjiro is good, do you mind if I call you Y/n-san?"

Y/n nods and he smiled, something inside him felt like Y/n is someone trustworthy, 'despite her emotionless face and cold voice...she still went out of her way just to help people that she doesn't even know.. she's even willing to come with us..' Tanjiro smiled wider at Y/n

Y/n looked at him, noticing his aura, she could tell he's already trusting her. Y/n sighed internally 'he's already trusting someone he barely knows, now I know I made the right decision to come along'