In a busy city, Y/n and Tanjiro stood in the middle of the street, Tanjiro looked around, trying to find an opening they could walk through, while Y/n shivered at the sight, she tried hiding behind Tanjiro.

Tanjiro noticing this, he blushed, knowing you needed him to protect you was enough to lift his spirits once more. Y/n just didn't like big crowds of people, mainly because she would either smell a strong scent of sweat, or cologne.

In the end, they struggled in between the crowd, though Tanjiro gripped his hands tighter between yours. He goes through an Alley and sees two people there, Y/n peeked from Tanjiro's shoulder only to see two humans eating each other's faces off.

"O-oh! Sorry!" Tanjiro quickly apologizes and pushes you back to the crowd.

"Shouldn't we help them? They looked hungry"
Y/n told they boy blankly.

This made Tanjiro's blush grow even more, he shook his head no and pushed you both out of the crowd, into another alley and you two can finally breathe.

Y/n let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in, she sniffed the air and looked around, to find a ramen cart, Tanjiro looked at the same direction and the two started to walk over.

It was night so Tanjiro let out his sister so she too can breathe some fresh air. Y/n ordered and paid for two ramen noodles, once it was cooked she sat with Tanjiro at a nearby bench and they started to eat.

After a while, Y/n hears a breaking sound, she turns over to the person next to her, only to see him run off back into the crowd. Y/n sighed, finished her ramen, apologized for the broken bowl and paid for it, asking the chef to look after her friend's sister and ran off to look for him.

As Y/n got deeper in the crowd she could see Tanjiro staring at a man with a child, soon after his wife came, Y/n got closer and grabbed Tanjiro's shoulder.

"Tanjiro-san, what's going on?" She asked, looked at the man from the corners of her eyes then looked back at Tanjiro.

"I-Its nothing Y/n-san" he says, smiling and waving one of his hands, as the other let go of the man's shoulder, though Y/n could feel that he was hesitant, she wasn't sure, as her sense of Aura and noise can't help her in crowded areas.

Then Y/n caught a glimpse of movement from the man and after a minute, screams can be heard. Tanjiro looked over and tried helping by tackling the man and trying to cover his mouth.

The cops arrived and tried getting Tanjiro off by force, until a smoke came to Tanjiro's vision and soon followed, a demons, but Tanjiro could feel that this was different, one of them showed a soft face than most demons have, and the other shows protectiveness.

After talking with the two, Tanjiro remembers his friend and turned, only to see nobody he could recognize, he yelled at the man from before, the man stared at him, clear annoyance in his face.

'Maybe she went back to check on Nezuko..' He thought, soon, after talking more with the demons, he came back, only to see his sister and the chef, no h/c haired female in sight. The worse came to his mind as he tried to think of ways to calm himself down.

❦ ❦ ❦

"Nice to see you again.." Y/n says.

Standing in an alleyway, with corpses on their sides, Y/n stood face to face with Muzak Kibutsuji. Though it's clear that this wasn't the first time they've seen each other, hence Y/n didn't look afraid.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, annoyed at the fact that he had just seen you with a boy in a city filled with people who can easily mistake them for lovers.

"I'm on a mission" she says, and looked at the bodies "You didn't have to kill them if you're not eating them" she says, face still having that same blank expression as before.

"I do what I want" he says "Just because you're a slayer now, doesn't mean you can just tell everyone everything you know of me"

Y/n nodded and hummed, finally looking back into his eyes. It was silent for only five minutes but it felt like five hours for Kibutsuji.

Clearing his throat he finished "Upper moon 1, 2, and 3 will not be training you anymore, since everyone in the slayer corps may get suspicious of you, also.." He turned to leave "I heard of your outing with upper moon 2..be more careful" and with that, he vanished.

Y/n stood there and walked to the opposite way, trying to concentrate to see where her two companions had gone to.

❦ ❦ ❦

The dust cleared, two demons in front of the house, one who was holding balls and was responsible for the mess, and the other who seemed annoyed at the other one.

The demon holding the balls then threw two more at the house, now aiming for Tanjiro's head and the other demon as well. Using his breathing, he cut through the ball, slicing it in half, as the male demon jumped in front of the female demon to protect her from the ball.

Just as the ball was inches away from his face, it was cut in half. The demon looked confused and looked at the figure that had saved him, it was another slayer, but she had h/l h/c hair, the said slayer stood up and turned to the ball demon.

Y/n's face still blank as she stared at the ball demon and the other demon with his eyes closed. The two got annoyed thinking she was mocking them and started to attack her.

"Tanjiro-san, get your friends to safety, I'll hold them back" Y/n says, slicing through the balls that came her way.

'She sliced through them without using her breathing, she cut through with ease...how..?' Everyone thought at the same time.

"Tanjiro, watch out for the arrows" the demon with green hair suddenly said

Tanjiro looked confused and looked around "what.." He asked but the demon sighed.

"Your friend seem to see them very well, I'll let you borrow my sight!" He raised his hand and a paper slapped Tanjiro's forehead making him see the arrows that were coming along with the balls.