After two gruesome long years, Y/n and Tanjiro stand infront of two rocks, cut in half.

"Do it 500 more times!"
"Let's keep going down the mountain until we're both strong enough Y/n-san"
"I'M DOING THIS FOR NEZUKO!!!"
"Cut these boulders in half, only then, will you be ready."
"Consider this a training to face your fears"
"AHHHHH"

Y/n's ears can finally rest, along with her whole body, even if it's only for a minute. Y/n turned to Tanjiro, who seem to be looking for Sabito and Makomo, who helped both him and Y/n greatly.

Y/n already knew they weren't alive, they didn't have an aura, also, Makomo, who helped Y/n train, told her the demon that killed them in the final selection.

"Let's go Tanjiro-san" Y/n said as she started walking back to the house.

Tanjiro's cheeks were coated a light pink after his name left Y/n's mouth. He was also a little surprised, because Y/n barely talked during their training, if she did it would only be to answer questions.

Urokodaki only taught Y/n how to properly wield her sword, both on the left, and on the right. He didn't teach Y/n how to use water breathing, as she requested herself, because she said that she already knows how to, because she's been training from outside her home.

The girl hadn't told her companion about her breathing. 'he would find out eventually' she thought to herself.

"Hey Y/n-san! Do you think Nezuko's finally awake when we get back?" He didn't get a verbal answer, only a shake of her head 'no'.

As if on cue, they arrive back and Urokodaki was waiting outside, with somethings in his hands.
Y/n felt his aura fill with fear, anxiousness, and joy. This alone made Y/n a little worried for what's ahead of them.

'I hope we don't run into that demon Makomo told me about' Y/n thought to herself. She shook her head and walked forward, where Tanjiro was already excitedly talking with Urokodaki.

Before she could get any closer, she felt a presence from far away, bloodlust and anger in it's aura. 'a demon?' Y/n thought, she started to feel as if she was being watched.

Y/n turned but sees nothing but trees, the presence left after it saw her turn to it's direction. Y/n turned back and started walking towards the house, where it seems Tanjiro finally stopped talking and went inside.

❦ ❦ ❦

Y/n awoken in the middle of the night and went out to train her one of her breathings. She grabbed the book that has helped her learn it and grabbed her practice katana.

"I know you're here, come out." Y/n says before unsheathing her weapon. Just after she said that, a figure came out from the shadows.

"You seem to have fun with the boy, how's your training?"

"It's going well, Tomioka-san" Y/n turns to the boy.

"I notice that you learn your own breathing, how long have you been doing so?"

Y/n said nothing and closed her book. 'Maybe next time..' she thought.

"Breath of the sun and moon?" Giyu says, pointing at her book

Y/n nods, sitting down on the ground, legs crossed. "Why did you decide to visit at this hour" Y/n says, turning her face to Giyu

"I was on a mission" Giyu sits down, next to her.

'liar' she thought, she could tell by his aura alone, that he wasn't here for a mission. If he was, she'd also sense bloodlust.

"Sabito-san and Makomo-san" Y/n lifts her head up, this made the boy next to him flinch and turn to face her "they mentioned a boy, who sounded like you" she finishes.

Giyu, who was speechless, couldn't understand how you knew those names of who passed. He looks up at the stars as well, before deciding to speak.

"They died in the final selection..I couldn't do anything, I couldn't avenge them..they were my friends, and my training partners.." tears starting to form in his eyes, he continues "h-how do you know them.."

Y/n hummed and looked at the boy in the corners of her eyes. She raised her hand and pat his head, to try and comfort the boy that was in the verge of tears.

Giyu, although confused, decided not to question it and thought maybe Urokodaki had told them 'that doesn't explain what she meant earlier though..'

❦ ❦ ❦ Meanwhile ❦ ❦ ❦

He gripped his wine glass, a little more force and it would break at any given moment. His anger wasn't showing but anyone with him in the room would feel his rage, in which case, three, who also felt the same amount of anger as him.

'I made sure to keep her safe in her house..why did she have to leave!?' just as predicted, his wine glass broke, blood dripping down from his hands and shards falling down.

"You three" he turned to the three, who were kneeling down, behind him "take her back and bring her here..we could use her to our advantage.." with that, the three were gone.

"Your family was murdered, were they not?"

Y/n nodded

"I can help you free your mind, if you will only join me and my children..I can help you become stronger, you might even kill your first demon"

He handed Y/n a book 'Breath of the sun and moon', Y/n thought for two minutes before nodding and taking the book.

"I'm glad you decided to join us, my children here will help you train" he smirked "but keep in mind that you will be my secret weapon, I trust you not to betray me"

Y/n nodded and his smirk only grew wider. "You will stay here, and you can only come out when needed to, other than that..you may do as you please"

'this is alright' Y/n thought and looked at the house 'he will be giving me money for staying inside, not only that, I can train to avenge my family' Y/n tightened her grip on the book.

For the first time in a while, Y/n's face finally showed life, it showed...

...determination...