十八

Tanjiro and Inosuke were the first to finish, just to show Y/n and Zenitsu how their training will go. Zenitsu had been smiling the whole time, he giggled when chasing Aoi, he sang happily when he was being stretched out by the three little girls.

Zenitsu also tried to flirt with Kanao, but he was hit in the head by Tanjiro telling him to knock it off. Y/n sat on the futon, not knowing what to do while she waits for Zenitsu to finish his training. In the end, Zenitsu came out wet, Kanao surely didn't go easy on him.

The three girls then stretched out Y/n's arms and legs, they tried to bend her body, but they only got a short groan from the girl. Y/n's body hurt a little but she's literally been kicked by a demon, trained with Upper Moons, and crashed into many trees, this was close to nothing for her.

Aoi had to go and put both Inosuke and Zenitsu back into the recovery room because it was time for Zenitsu's medicine and Inosuke just got the whole room depressed. With Aoi gone, Y/n had to go to Kanao, she thought she would just skip the chase.

Y/n sat in front of Kanao, the teas ready for them, they were cold of course. "After this you'll have to catch me afterwards, I'll be taking Aoi-san's place.." Kanao said and Y/n nods.

❦❦❦

It had been thirty minutes of endless fighting, both Kanao and Y/n seem to have already broken the rules because even though they've already touched the cup, they still reach for it if they've touched every other cups.

The two girls were both quick, Kanao had her eyebrows furrowed as she starts to sweat. Y/n on the other hand is already tired but because she was so competitive she didn't want to give up, she would rather lose than give up, her hands were tortured.

With a blink of an eye, Y/n was instantly covered in tea and sweat. The battle was over and Kanao had won, the three little girls gasped and ran around the room to look for a towel. Y/n breathed deeply, trying to catch her breath.

Kanao sighed and put down the cup, she opened her mouth to apologize but stopped, her eyes wide and her cheeks pink. Y/n's face was wet, her hair was dripping with tea, her mouth slightly open to help her breathe and her chest heaved up and down.

Y/n was taking deep breathes, her e/c eyes locked with lilac ones. In that moment, Kanao's heart was beating so fast that she was worried for her own health, she wished for Y/n to just lean forward and kiss her.

Kanao forced herself to turn her head away, she apologized and quickly stood up. "We'll train you again tomorrow, get some rest.." She said and quickly left the room.

The three girls then covered Y/n with three towels, telling Y/n to go get a shower, change and other things, they were worried the girl may catch a cold. Just then, Shinobu's voice echoed through the room.

"My my~ you two sure took a longer time than expected" she says as she walks into the room "here you go L/n-san, you look out of breath" Shinobu throws Y/n a water bottle, which Y/n caught with ease.

"Y/n" Y/n says as she opens the bottle

"Excuse me?" Shinobu tilts her head

"You can just call me by my first name, Kocho-san" Y/n drinks the water

"Alright, but you have to call me by my first name as well then, it's only fair~"

Y/n nods, she takes one of the towels and stands up "I'll see you around Shinobu-san" she walks out, trying to dry her hair.

Shinobu's smile gets wider, her cheeks painted a nice shade of pink as she watches the girl walking away until she turns a corner. Shinobu turns to the three girls and picks up the two towels that they had covered Y/n in "It's time to clean up girls".

❦❦❦

Y/n notices a boy with long black hair, a scar over his face and she immediately knew it was the boy from the final selection that she had accidentally followed. Now that Y/n sees him again, she notices how similar he looks with Sanemi.

"Shinazugawa-san actually has a brother, I've never seen them talk but I know he's a Shinazugawa, or at least his brother, they look a lot alike." Shinobu says as she folds Y/n's blanket.

"Shinazugawa isn't his first name..?" Y/n asks

"Oh goodness no" Shinobu chuckles "his name is Shinazugawa Sanemi, his brother is Shinazugawa Genya"

"What about the other hashiras? Do they have siblings as well?"

Shinobu gets quiet, Y/n notices that she may have struck a nerve asking about siblings.

"Or can I at least know their names? They already know mine" Y/n quickly changes the topic.

"A-Ah..alright, well then, you already know Tomioka-san, aside from you and your friends he doesn't seem to have any other ones, and there's Shinazugawa-san..."

Genya notices Y/n and he stops in his tracks, so does Y/n, she felt happiness in his aura, and she could tell he was surprised because of the way he just states at her.

Y/n waved and started to walk away, Genya then grabs her by the hand and she stops and turns to him.

"Y-You're the girl from the final selection right?!" Y/n nods "W-What...h-how...do you remember me??" He asks

Y/n nods once again "I've also heard of you..you're Shinazugawa-san's brother, yes?" She asks

Genya looks even more surprised "is it that obvious?" He asks with a chuckle

"I'm afraid so, what were you doing in the recovery room?"

"I came to visit my brother..I saw that boy you were with and...I was actually hoping I'd bump into you" he smiles, even though his face looked like he likes to pick fights his smile looked like it belonged to a little kid, meanwhile Inosuke with the soft looking face.

"Did you want something?" Y/n asks

"C-Can I get your name?" He scratches the back of his head

"L/n Y/n"

"Do you mind if I call you Y/n-san?" He asks to which Y/n shakes her head no "then would you maybe want to-"

"Oi! What are you still doing here?!" Sanemi cuts him off, the two turned to him, Sanemi felt jealous but didn't know why, he heard everything they said and for some reason, he wanted to stop his brother from doing what he was about to do.

"N-Nothing, have a good rest Sanemi!" Genya waves to Y/n and walks away.

'Did they have a fight?'