Tanjiro and Y/n are on their way to investigate a town where young girls are being taken. Y/n could feel a presence watching them but she recognized their aura so she didn't say anything.

Y/n looked at the box where Nezuko stayed in, she was confused how a box carrying a person would be light. Moreover, would Nezuko be alright while Tanjiro moves around. Tanjiro noticed Y/n's stare and as if he was reading her mind he says "Nezuko's alright, I'm sure she's holding onto the sides or something" Y/n nodded.

Upon the two's arrival, people were whispering into each other's ear, even though they tried to whisper quietly Y/n could still hear what they were saying.

"Poor Kazumi, him and Satoko were a really cute couple.."
"These disappearances keep happening, who do you think is next?"
"Oh there he is...the poor kid looks beaten up"
"Well he was the last one with Satoko before she was kidnapped.."

Y/n looked at where the villagers were staring at, a boy with short dark hair, and he looks like he fought with gangsters and lost. Y/n grabbed Tanjiro by the wrist and pointed at the male.

Tanjiro nodded and approached the guy "Hello are you Kazumi?" The male looks at him and then Y/n and nodded "We heard about what happened with your fiance..do you mind telling us what you saw?"

The male nodded and gulped "W-We were walking down the road one night, I heard something from behind us so I turned to see what it was, then when I turned back she wasn't there...I heard her scream but when I ran to it's direction I only saw a figure but it quickly went underground!"

The two slayers looked at each other, knowing this was in fact a demon, the male who thought they were doubting him then spoke again "I'm telling you! The creature that took her wasn't human! This is all true!"

"We believe you" Tanjiro started "We're demon slayers, and the thing that took your fiance was in fact a demon, can you lead us to where you saw it?"

The male nodded and started to lead them to a road nearing abandoned parts of the village, whilst walking, Y/n heard a scream of a girl from afar and stopped in her tracks, she then ran to where she thought the scream was.

The male and Tanjiro looked from behind her before Tanjiro followed and soon the male
"Y/n-san! Where are you going?!" Tanjiro yelled from behind her, barely even catching up. Y/n only looked behind her for a moment before jumping up a fence.

'i-is she mute or something?' the male thought, Y/n can sense that the demon was close by and started to slow down, once Tanjiro and the man caught up Tanjiro then smelled the demon.

"So that's why.." he mumbled and looked at Y/n for a brief moment, before getting on all fours and sniffing the ground to see if he can find the demon, this made the man question his sanity.

"H-Hey! Are you two taking this seriously?! Are you all making fun of me!?" He yelled at Tanjiro, who ignored him and ran to the demon, jumping on a roof.

The man looked up at him "s-so he was serious.." he then looked at Y/n "He found the demon" Y/n told him, this shocked the man "Y-You can talk!?" He said, mouth and eyes wide, pointing at them.

'and you can't stop stuttering' Y/n thought in slight annoyance. She then picked up the man, and ran to where Tanjiro was. Landing on the ground, behind Tanjiro who was facing the demon, she let down the man behind her.

The demon let out a loud and annoying sound, the three had to cover their ears so they wouldn't go deaf. Once the demon finished two more appeared from their sides.

'demons don't band together..and all of their auras feel the same, that must mean'
"They're all one demon" Y/n told Tanjiro, who nodded, he seemed to figure it out as well.

"Give us back the girl that you took the other night! My fiance! Satoko!!" The male demanded. One of the demons tilted their heads.

"Satoko?" He questioned then pulled out a cloth "if her accessory is one of these then I've already eaten her" he chuckled.

The man's eyes landed on a ribbon, Y/n looked at it, and then back at him, his aura turned dark, as if he's finally realized that his fiance had died. The three demons were about to go back in their puddles until Y/n finally noticed the one carrying the girl.

Y/n ran to that demon and cut it's arms of to take the girl, the demon screamed in pain and Y/n brought the girl to the male, and put her in his arms. "You keep her safe" Y/n told him before turning back to the demon.

It's arm regenerated but he seems angry, along with the other two, Tanjiro, who got used to Y/n's unusual speed and strength, ran forward to one of the demons but it quickly went inside the puddle.

Y/n cut another one of the demon's arm but missed the other one, they all went in the puddle. Y/n could hear the puddle form next to Tanjiro but before she could run to his direction, the box opened, kicking the demon's arm away from the carrier.

Nezuko had come out, and she looks really really mad. Veins could be seen on her head, Y/n was worried that the bamboo muzzle would break but luckily, it didn't.

❦ ❦ ❦

Urokodaki sat down infront of the Water pillar, who came to visit but was disappointed that he had missed them. The room was quiet and both of them had questions.

"Why didn't you inform me you visit L/n-san in the evening.."

"I.. didn't expect myself to visit her either.. something just made me.." he said, this confused Urokodaki but he decided not to push it "where are they headed?"

"The crow told them to go to a village to investigate the disappearances of young girls" Urokodaki explains, sipping his tea.

Giyu nodded and stared into his tea "did you know they knew Sabito and Makomo?"

Urokodaki stopped drinking for a minute and put his cup down, silence filled the room once again "Tanjiro mentioned them while he was leaving, I didn't exactly know how.." the two continued to converse "you should keep a close eye on L/n-san, she's strong, she's fast, she can sense auras from a mile away, and her sense of hearing is impeccable..demons will surely try and take her"

❦ ❦ ❦

The male yelled another thank you to Y/n and Tanjiro, who were walking away. Y/n made sure Tanjiro could breathe properly, she was confused how someone like him could stay underwater for that long and fight.

'Urokodaki-sensei underestimated you..and so did I, it might be better to keep my guard up' Y/n thought as she stared at Tanjiro from the corners of her eyes. The crown then swooped in and yelled out our next mission 'if that crow gets any louder I'm cooking it for lunch'