Sitting in a small cave, Y/n and Nezuko sat silently. They had left that evening and managed to get close to their destination, the sun had come up and luckily they found a cave to stay in. The boy had left and told the two females to wait for him.

The h/c haired female looked at her demon companion from the corners of her eye, only to find her in a hole, staring at her quietly. Y/n raised one of her hands and put it on Nezuko's head to pat her. The said demon closed her eyes and let out a "hmm".

Y/n looked back at the entrance now patting her companion 'I thought she would've eaten me by now' Y/n thought, looking back at the demon. Just seconds later, Tanjiro came back but this time, with a big basket.

"I'm back" Tanjiro said, he looked at Nezuko, who seemed to be happy inside her little hole 'my sister turned into a mole..' Tanjiro thought to himself and noticed a hand on his sister's head, he looked over to the owner where Y/n was staring blankly at him, he smiled 'at least they're getting along' he thought to himself.

❦ ❦ ❦

After getting Nezuko into the box, a little walk and night time came, where Tanjiro let his sister out so they could walk a faster pace. After a short walk, Tanjiro seemed to be stuck in place, his eyes were wide. Y/n felt someone's aura close by, and looking at Tanjiro's aura, which is full of worry, and fear.

"There's a demon up ahead" Y/n said quietly "I don't sense anything other than bloodlust coming from that direction"

"I-I smell blood coming from over there" Tanjiro said slowly turning to the girl

"That must mean he ate someone"

Tanjiro suddenly ran to the direction of the demon, Nezuko following him from behind, Y/n sighed internally then ran, it was a normal pace for her, but it seemed abnormally fast for anyone who would've seen her.

In a flash, Y/n was right infront of Tanjiro and Nezuko, running straight at the small house. Tanjiro on the other hand, nearly tripped seeing the girl suddenly infront of him, as if she was the first to run.

Y/n halted infront of the house, with Nezuko by her side, whilst Tanjiro almost ripped the door open. Any normal being would be shocked, or scared at the sight infront of them, but Y/n's face didn't show any of those, not a single emotion.

The demon, who was in the middle of eating, looked out, but his face turned to joy seeing three people standing at the door. "Oh? Three more humans? " He said and turned around to face them "This night just gets better and better!" He said before leaping straight to Tanjiro.

Y/n was about to help, until she saw Nezuko staring at the dead bodies, drooling 'this could be bad' Y/n thought.

"Nezuko-san! Your brother's being attacked!" Y/n yelled, this made the said demon look over to his brother and run at the demon. Y/n blinked for a second and the demon's head seemed to be flying towards a tree.

Y/n pulled out her knife, it was a military knife. 'If that old man from the mountains taught me something about demons, it's that only the slayer's sword can kill a demon by the neck' Y/n thought.

Tanjiro held a large rock above his head, Y/n knew from his aura, which had worry, scared, and guilt, that he wasn't going to smash his head. Y/n went for the body and slashed it's hand off, it seemed to regenerate pretty quickly, so she kept doing the same thing, dodging every attack the demon sent her way.

"Go back in the house, but don't touch the bodies" Y/n said to Nezuko, not even looking at her, Nezuko nods and ran into the house, just as she did the sun seemed to come up, which killed the demon.

Looking at where the demon was standing, Y/n thought to herself 'so that's what happens, I guess Giyu's information was helpful after all'. Y/n looked at the house, where three graves were now infront of a praying Tanjiro.

Y/n sensed another person watching them and turned to look at them. Y/n saw an old man with a red mask, and blue haori with clouds as a design.

"You could have helped" Y/n said to the person "Are you Sakonji Urokodaki? Giyu Tomioka sent us"

The person nods, coming out of the shadows "You are strong, and you don't seem to have any emotions slowing you down" Urokodaki said pointing to Y/n, then he looked at Tanjiro "You, on the other hand, have too much that you couldn't even kill that demon without the help of the sun, but you are strong so I'm sure I can help"

❦ ❦ ❦

Now standing on top of a mountain filled with traps, Y/n along with Tanjiro were about to start their first training. Y/n breathed in, and on the count of three, breathed out and started running down the mountain.

Tanjiro following behind, and couldn't catch up. Y/n dodged a couple of traps, but some of them she couldn't. Once both Y/n and Tanjiro were at the bottom, there waiting was Urokodaki, arms crossed as he examined their faces.

"I'm surprised Y/n-san has more bruises than you, boy" he says

Tanjiro looked over at Y/n, he noticed the blood dripping from her face, the bruises she had, along with cuts and small parts of her sleeves were ripped off. Tanjiro looked at Y/n with wide eyes.

"Wow, Y/n-san, you actually took almost half of the traps head on.." he says, respect and admiration in his aura.

Y/n only nodded before walking back to the house where they were currently staying in. Dinner on the table and Urokodaki talking about demons, who their leader is, and demon slayers, Tanjiro asking about how to turn demons into humans, while Y/n ate, not even listening to their conversation.

'if the first training was this hard, what would the rest be like..Giyu was right, this path isn't as easy as listening to the stories in the village' Y/n thought to herself.

Finishing her meal, she stood up and went outside. Whenever Y/n felt any negative or overflowing emotions, she would look at the sky to calm down, of course, these emotions aren't shown on her face.

Y/n stared at the starry night, thinking about what might be ahead. Why she had came along. What would have changed if the past didn't end the way it did. These were usually the thoughts coming through Y/n's mind.

As she was thinking of these, she hadn't noticed the boy sitting next to her, and staring at her. She was lit up by the bright moon, her eyes locked on the starry sky. 'she seems at peace' the boy thought to himself, smiling.

Y/n slowly turned and looked at him, her e/c eyes, which was previously locked on the starry sky, now locking with dark red ones.

"Staring at someone can be rude or creepy you know.." Y/n said, this made the boy blush a little.

"Sorry..you just seemed deep in thought" he paused "are..are you regretting coming with us?" He says, Y/n didn't even have to look at his aura to see how this thought upset him.

"I'm not a quitter"