Part 1 (Be Strong)

CJ had been at the quarry for about two months now and she could honestly say she was pretty happy there. The people were nice, with a couple of exceptions. Everyone did their part in keeping the fairly large area as nice as it can be, along with providing for their own families.

Since arriving at the camp, CJ had been back down to the city twice, both times with Glenn, the man that saved her. Needless to say, she was grateful to him. They had become good friends and a good run team.

He had asked her to come with him to the city again one day with a few others, but she declined, choosing instead to go into the woods surrounding the camp and hopefully hunt down some dinner for the next few nights.

"Hey CJ," Carl called out with a smile as she emerged from the trees back to the main area of the camp. She held her bow in one hand, and in the other, a couple of grey rabbits with arrow holes in their eyes.

Resting the rabbits, her bow, quiver of somewhat worn-out arrows on the picnic table she turned to respond to his greeting; "Hey Carl, what's up?"

"Nothing much. Mom just cut my hair, it was annoying," he frowned and crossed his arms dramatically, making CJ chuckle.

"Well," she began as she imitated his stance playfully, "It looks very cool. Like a movie star!" she gasped and laughed.

Carl rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"No, I'm serious," CJ persisted. "We're gonna have start rollin' out a red carpet just for you."

Carl dropped his arms and giggled lightly, causing his mother, Lori to look over at the interaction and smile. "Thanks CJ. Your hair is cool too." he responded.

CJ was about respond but paused when she heard the very faint echo of what sounded like some sort of alarm in the distance, growing louder by the second. She jogged over to the RV along with everyone else, Carl followed and stood behind her when she stopped.

"Talk to me, Dale!" Shane called out. 

Shane was kind of the one in charge around the camp. He used to be a cop, working for the sheriff's office in King County. He seemed like a good man; he was definitely protective of the camp and the people who lived there. He had come to CJ a couple of times when making decisions about runs, what with her being one of only two experienced hunters in camp.

"Can't tell yet," Dale replied from the top of his RV. He looked through his binoculars again and watched for a few seconds. "I'll be damned," he mumbled to himself.

"What is it?" Amy asked, worried for her sister, Andrea.

"Stolen car is my guess."

As Dale spoke, the group turned to watch as the red car came around the corner of the dirt road and stopped. Glenn stepped out of the driver's seat with a huge grin plastered across his face.

"Jesus Christ, Glenn, turn that shit off!" CJ yelled over the noise with her hand on her hips.

"I don't know how!" he responded loudly, waving his hands in the air. His smile still standing strong.

Amy rushed over to him. "My sister, where is she? Is she okay? Where is Andrea?!" she repeated over and over again.

"Pop the damn hood please!" Shane shouted frustratedly, slamming his hand on the front of the car.

"Alright! Okay! I'm sorry, okay?!" Glenn said loudly in response, and he leant over into the car and opening the hood, allowing Jim to disconnect the battery. The alarm finally stopped its whining, and Glenn continued; "Everyone else is fine, they're just a few minutes behind me. They're all okay. Well, Merle not so much."