Part 33 (Shit Happens)

Eventually, the walkers were dead and the group went around to the next area, waiting for the walkers to appear. CJ stood to the left of Rick, slightly behind him. Her gun was holstered and she had a knife in each fist.

"It's gotta be the brain," Daryl reminded them as he shot a walker with an arrow. "Not the stomach, not the heart. The brain."

"I hear ya, the brain," Axel nodded.

Another walkers appeared and Oscar quickly took it out, whacking it around the head. "Like that?"

"You got it," CJ replied.

Two more walkers appeared and Axel stepped forward to kill one of them. He re-joined the group and Rick got the other one.

"Stay in tight formation," Rick said. "No more prison riot crap."

They continued on down the hallways until they came across another walker-infested area. It seemed liked they'd kill one and two more would appear. As they were dealing with the dead, Big Tiny yelled out from the back of the group. Turns out a few walkers had come up behind them and they were attacking him.

Rick went to take out one of them, but CJ grabbed his arm to pull him out of the way when she saw Tomas raise his gun, right before he shot the last walker three times. The sound of the gunshots bounced off the walls and Rick and Tomas stared at each other. Tomas' face seemed blank. But CJ noticed the look in his eyes, the cold, twisted, psychotic look. If she hadn't of pulled Rick away, the bullets would have hit him.

Big Tiny was bleeding heavily from a wound on his back. CJ went over to him and inspected the the injury with a flashlight. "It's a scratch," she observed out loud. "A bad one."

"I'm telling you, I don't feel anything," Big Tiny said, turning around. "Its just a scratch."

"I'm sorry man," Rick sighed.

"I can keep fighting!" he exclaimed.

"You cut that old guys leg off to save his life," Andrew protested.

"The bite is on his back," CJ shot back. "What do you expect us to do?"

"Guys, I'm fine!" Big Tiny yelled before taking a deep breath to calm down. "I'm fine. Look at me. I'm not changin' into one of those things."

"There's gotta be something we can do?" Oscar asked. "Can't we just lock him up?"

"Quarantine him?" Axel suggested. Daryl and the others came round to join the group at the sound of the commotion.

"We gotta do something! Why are you just standing there?" Andrew argued. "We gotta save him!"

"There's nothing we can do," Rick replied calmly.

"You son of a bitch," Andrew snapped at Rick.

Big Tiny sighed again. "I'm alri-".

He was cut off by Tomas striking him over the head with a crowbar, knocking him to the ground. he sound of the metal colliding with the bone echoed through the hall. Tomas raised the crowbar, almost like he was inspecting it before continuing to beat and butcher Big Tiny on the ground. CJ grimaced at the sight as splatters of blood coated the insane prisoner's face whilst he grunted with every swing of the weapon.

Everyone watched in shock as Tomas finally ended his assault and looked at what he'd done,  breathing heavily and covered in blood. It was almost as if he got off on killing Big Tiny, like he was using the bite as an excuse to kill someone. Tomas looked right at Rick with a glare, almost daring him to say something before walking away like nothing happened.

CJ didn't know Big Tiny well enough to be sad, but he did seem like a good person. He definitely didn't deserve what just happened. The rest of the prisoners, lead by T-Dog, began to move off again whilst CJ, Daryl and Rick hung back for moment before following them. The three kept their eyes on Tomas the whole time.