Part 26 (Looking For Randall)

It didn't make sense. Once Daryl and CJ reached the barn, everyone else was standing outside. CJ waited with them, whilst Daryl past them and went into the barn to look for clues as to how Randall had managed to escape, but a quick scan of the scene made it seem like he just vanished into thin air.

"The cuffs are still hooked," Rick announced as he came out of the barn with Daryl behind him. "Must've slipped 'em."

"Is that possible?" Carol asked.

"It is if you've got nothing to lose," Andrea said.

"The door from the outside was locked," Hershel added.

CJ, like everyone else, was puzzled. If the doors were locked up and so were the cuffs, how would he have down this alone? "Do you think maybe someone-"

"RICK!" Shane yelled out, cutting CJ off as he emerged from the tree line with blood covering his face. "RICK!"

Everyone ran over to Shane as he approached them. "What happened?!" Lori called out.

"He's armed," Shane informed them. "He got my gun."

"Are you okay?" Carl asked worriedly when he saw the blood.

"I'm fine. Little bastard snuck up on me, clocked me round the face."

CJ shook her head at him but didn't speak. None of this made sense to her. It didn't make sense to anyone.

"Hershel, T-Dog, get everyone back to the house. Glenn, CJ, Daryl, come with us," Rick ordered.

"Just let him go, that was the plan wasn't it?" Carol asked.

"The plan was to cut him loose far away from here," Rick replied. "Not on out front doorstep with a gun. Get everyone back to the house. Lock all the doors and stay put," he demanded as he and the other four made their way through the treeline.

As they began their search, CJ didn't take her eyes of Shane. She never trusted him before, but this whole thing seemed a little to convenient. Every time he looked back, her eyes were glued to him. After a few minutes, he'd had enough. He stopped walking and turned on his heel to face her, causing the others to stop too.

"You got somethin' you wanna say to me, CJ?" he asked her loudly, taking a few steps towards her whilst she remained still with a glare.

She sighed before she answered. "Yeah, I do," she scoffed with raised eyebrows. "You used to be a cop. You seriously let an injured kid attack you whilst tied up? And that's after somehow escaping a locked-up barn without openin' the doors? Tell me, officer,... how d'you think he did that?" she asked, tilting her head.

"What are you suggestin'...huh?" He asked quietly, getting right up to her face in a failed attempt to intimidate her. "This is on you, ya know. You kill someone that attacks you and only you, but the second it affects everyone, suddenly you're an angel who wouldn't harm a fuckin' fly."

"Shane, that's enough," Rick called out from behind him, but both Shane and CJ ignored him.

"You know what I'm suggesting, Shane," CJ shot back, ignoring his accusations. "You wanna talk about killing? Why don't you tell us why we're out here now? Or better yet... why don't you tell the class how you really got out of the school that night?" she asked coyly, narrowing her eyes a him.

"You fucking bitch.." he snarled through gritted teeth, taking another step towards her.

"What?" CJ hissed. "What you gonna do, Shane? You wanna pin me to another damn tree, threaten me again? Is that it?"

"He did what?" Daryl growled, stepping closer to the pair. "You say he threatened you?"

Shane clenched his jaw, silently warning CJ to shut up. She was not about to do that.