Part 102 (The End In Sight)

"Get up, come on," CJ sighed as she grabbed Daryl's hand, who was still lying in bed and pretending to be asleep.

They had stayed in their room after their talk, which was several hours ago by this point. Daryl had fallen asleep from the rare day of peace and quiet he and CJ had shared and was now refusing to leave.

"In a minute," he grumbled, letting his arm go limp as she tried to coax him out of bed.

"Now," she insisted with a chuckle. "It's the middle of the afternoon. Get your ass up."

"Can't we just stay here?" he mumbled, his voice muffled as he hid his face in the pillow.

"No," CJ laughed, tugging on is arm. "Daryl Dixon, get up."

Daryl opened one eye and smirked. Before CJ could react, he pulled on her arm, tugging her onto the bed. She squealed and laughed as he rolled them both over, so he was on top of her. He buried his face in her hair and closed his eyes again.

"Get off," she giggled as she pushed on his shoulders.

"Nope," Daryl shrugged. "You live here now. Call it payback for wakin' me up."

"You were already awake," CJ retorted, giving in a little and wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

Daryl glanced up at her, looking at her through his hair. He looked like he was about to argue, when he paused and grazed his fingers over a spot on the side of CJ's neck. "Might wanna keep your hair down."

"What?" she questioned, putting her hand over the spot Daryl was looking at.

Daryl chuckled as CJ rolled off the bed. She went over to look in the mirror to look at the distinct red and purple mark he'd left on the side of her neck.

"Are you kidding me?" she sighed. "What are you, a teenager?"

He had finally got up and was doing up his belt buckle as he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her middle. "Sorry," he mumbled, though he was still smiling.

"It's not funny," she glared playfully.

"It's a little funny," he argued.

"No, it isn't," she chuckled, shaking her head.

"You're beautiful," he whispered, kissing her temple.

CJ scrunched her nose and smiled as she blushed at the random compliment. "I love you."

"I love you too," Daryl replied, pressing a light kiss to her shoulder.

She turned around in his hold and wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning up to press a soft kiss to his lips. "Come on, finish getting dressed before someone comes knocking."

"Alright," Daryl groaned, and CJ laughed at his grumpiness.

They finally left their bedroom and headed outside where a few people were hanging around. Some were gathered to discuss their next move against the Saviors, and others were going about business as usual.

"Imma' go find Carol," Daryl said, running his hand down CJ's arm.

"Alright," she smiled softly. "Meet up later on?"

"Course," he replied.

He glanced around, seeing that no one was paying attention to them. He cupped her face in his hands and leaned in to kiss her lightly. CJ was surprised at the public affection and smiled shyly when he pulled away.

"I love you," she whispered, her lips brushing against his as she spoke.

"Love ya too," he mumbled, pressing a kiss on the tip of her nose before pulling away and letting her go. "See ya later."