Part 103 (End Negan, End The Rest, End This)

Early the following day, Daryl was heading out with Rosita to try and get Eugene back from the Sanctuary. Rosita was clearly carrying a lot of anger for her former best friend, but she was the one to realise that whilst they at the Hilltop were running low an ammo, the Saviors probably had Eugene making more for them between battles.

"You'll be careful, right?" CJ asked as she and Daryl walked to the gate.

"When am I not?" Daryl replied, pulling the strap of his crossbow over his head, the weapon resting on his back.

CJ glanced up at him and narrowed her eyes. "Daryl."

"Yeah, I don't believe me either," he admitted. "I'll be careful, I promise."

"Good," CJ smiled. "See you when you get back."

"Yeah," Daryl nodded his head. He leant down and pressed a chaste kiss to her lips. "See ya."

"Bye," CJ replied.

She watched him walk the rest of the way to the gate and get into the car with Rosita. She waited until they had driven away to go and get her bow from her room and head back out to take watch at the gate.

Things seemed a lot more settled on this day. People were beginning to feel like the fight was nearing its end. Of course, there was still a lot to do, and people were still training and preparing for whatever was to come next. But things felt different; everyone felt like they were ready to end it. 

CJ's bow was shrugged onto her shoulder, her quiver rested across her back as she climbed the ladder. When she got to the top, Jerry and Jesus were already there, and Jerry held his hand out to her.

"Here," he smiled.

She took his hand and hoisted herself onto the platform. "Thanks, Jerry."

"Maggie ask you to help out up here?" Jesus asked.

"I volunteered," CJ replied with a shrug. "I assumed you'd be with those Saviors that stayed behind the other night."

"I was but Diane's got it covered," Jesus said. "I think Maggie as starting to come around on letting them stay for real."

"I was talking to that Alden guy yesterday," Jerry chimed in. "He seems cool. Plus, after that Simon dude turned on 'em, I doubt they'd try to go back now."

"Let's hope not," Jesus nodded his head. "Feels like this could all be over soon, as long as we keep our heads."

"If Rosita's right about Eugene making the ammo for Negan, getting him back will work in our favour too," CJ added.

"Her and Daryl will get him," Jesus replied. 

Jerry turned to CJ. "Speaking of Daryl, you and him seem super cool with each other," Jerry smiled.

"Um, thanks," CJ chuckled.

"How long you guys been together?" he asked.

"Known each other since the start," CJ replied. "We were friends for a long time, then we kind of a thing, then we were a real thing and now here we are."

"Dope," Jerry grinned. "You guys married?"

"No," CJ replied. "Well.... we had a talk the other day about maybe getting married one day."

"You're guys got engaged?" Jesus jumped in.

"No," CJ laughed at his eagerness. "Not really anyway. Just said that we'd talk about it after the fight was over."

"Awesome," Jerry smiled. 

"How about you?" CJ asked. 

"How about me, what?" Jerry questioned.