Part 60 (Those Who Arrive Survive)

A plan was made within the train car. The group used whatever they had to make weapons. Belts, shoes, clothes, anything they had. They were going to fight their way out.

"They seemed nice enough, but I was ready to go," one of the new people, Abraham, told them. "We just got here but damn. It was time to go. When I told 'em about DC, a wink and a nod from the head asshole in charge, they pulled their guns, and it was right back to our regularly scheduled shitstorm."

"Before they put you in here, you didn't see Tyrese?" Sasha asked Michonne quietly.

"No," she replied.

"Good."

Daryl told Maggie about Beth. "Black car, with a white cross painted on it. It tried to follow it... I tried."

"But she's alive?" Maggie asked.

"She's alive."

"Daryl found the necklace on the tracks, a couple miles from the prison," Carl explained to Glenn. "We thought maybe she'd be here."

"It just means she's out there," Glenn replied. "And when we get out of here, we'll find her."

After their short catch-ups and updates, the group went back to preparing their weapons in silence. The only notices were distant mutters coming from the people outside the train car. Daryl stood on watch, peeking through the gap in the door.

"Alright, we got four a' them pricks comin' our way," he announced to the group.

Rick finished cutting a sharp chunk of wood off of the wall with the chain of the pocket watch and went over to the others. "You all know what to do. Go for their eyes first, then their throats."

They all gathered around, facing the door and raised their fists and weapons, ready to attack whoever came in.

"Put your backs to the wall at either end of the car, NOW!" someone yelled from outside.

The group all tensed up as they waited for the door to open, but it never did. Instead, there was a clank of metal above their heads before a hatch opened. Everyone squinted their eyes at the brightness of the sun. Before a flash bang was dropped into the middle of the train car.

"MOVE!" Abraham yelled as everyone jumped back to the walls. Smoke filled the car and they all started choking as they tried not to breathe it in.

Rick felt someone grab his arms and pull him out of the train and he collapsed onto the concrete. His vision blurred as he slipped in and out of consciousness. A gag was put in his mouth and he felt his hands being tied up behind his back as he was dragged along the ground. He could hear the muffled hum of some kind of tool. A drill or maybe a chainsaw.

His vision finally focused and he saw his own reflection looking back at him. It was slightly warped in the metal, and as he became fully aware of his surroundings, he found himself to be knelt in front of a large metal bath.

He had only been there for a few seconds before the men dragged in Daryl and shoved him down to his knees. He was struggling violently to get out of his restraints, which were the same as Rick's. Bob and Glenn were both brought in too, along with four other men.

The two men that had brought them all in were almost taunting them as one sharpened a large blade, the scraping of the metal piercing everyone's ears. The other man was stood right beside Daryl, swinging a metal baseball bat around, as if he were practicing.

"Alright," the man with the knife nodded, before the two of them walked along to the blonde man at the far end of the basin.

Daryl was struggling and pulling against the cable ties around his wrists and ankles, desperately trying to free himself, but it was no use.