Part 80 (The Day Will Come When You Won't Be)

"Good. You made it," the ringleader stepped out of the darkness with a smile on his face. "Welcome to where you're going."

Shivering in pain and fear, as CJ clutched her bleeding side, couldn't take her eyes off of her people as the man approached them. 

"We'll take your weapons." The man pointed a gun right at Carl, and CJ tensed up from her spot on the ground. "Now."

Rick's voice shook as he spoke. "We can talk about-"

"We're done talkin'. Time to listen."

CJ watched as Saviors gathered around the group and took everyone's weapons from them. Guns, knives, everything. She was in so much pain, that she couldn't get to them even if she tried. She saw the ringleader get right up in Carl's face and flick the top of his hat, the sight making her clench her fist in the dirt.

"Okay. Let's get her down and get you all on your knees," the man said. "Lots to cover."

"Hold up," Abraham stopped them when the men tried to take Maggie. "We got it."

The man held his hands up. "Sure, sure."

As the group got Maggie off of the stretcher and helped her walk, Josh came over and grabbed CJ's arm, pulling her up off the ground. "Shhh," he whispered. 

She still couldn't believe that he was here. Men like him shouldn't survive, but he had. He tormented her nightmares for so long, but now it wasn't a nightmare, he was right there, holding onto her and dragging her toward a fate worse than death. She didn't even have time to process it; the fact that he was there was scary, but hardly at the forefront of her mind. 

She winced and limped as she walked, grunting when Josh shoved her back onto the ground, facing the RV. 

She whimpered in pain as she held herself up again. Gravel scratched her right palm as she pushed herself off the ground, kneeling. She could still feel warm blood seeping through her shirt onto her fingers. Though the bleeding seemed to have slowed, it definitely didn't feel like it was stopping.

Glancing up, she made eye contact with Rick, who frozen with fear. The man went over to him with a warning. "I'm gonna need you on your knees."

Rick had never been in this kind of situation before. Terminus came close, but this was different. There was no way out. No hope of fixing things. Whatever happened from here on out, they were just going to have to suffer through it.

He got to his knees, and the others who were still standing all followed. Abraham knelt down on CJ's left, leaving her at the end of the row.

"Dwight!" the leader called out.

"Yeah?" a skinny blonde man emerged from the darkness.

"Chop-chop."

CJ watched as Dwight opened the back of a van, and her eyes widened when she saw him drag Daryl out by his arm. His skin was pale and there was blood on his chest, a blanket was wrapped loosely around his shoulders. Finding those arrows in that walker were enough to set her mind racing ten times faster than it had been already. But any nightmares she may have conjured up in her mind, were dreams compared to what was happening.

Following Daryl out of the van, were Michonne, Rosita and Glenn. Michonne was shoved to her knees beside CJ, and Daryl was next. His eyes scanned the line until they landed on CJ, and he immediately noticed the paleness of her face. Her skin was glistening with sweat as she shivered, and blood covered her formally white tank top. She squinted her eyes shut and winced as she moved. That's when he saw the bloody shirt tied around her middle, her hand holding her side.