Part 95 (This is Carl's Show)

"You should have told me what you were planning to do!" CJ snapped.

Rosita and Michonne returned separately after going out to see the Sanctuary for themselves. Whilst out there, they ran into Tara and Daryl, who were there to open the factory with a truck and let the herd get inside. When Rosita told her what they were doing, CJ had been pacing up and down by the gate waiting for the pair to return. She was mad at Tara for going along with it, but she was even more mad at Daryl for not even telling her.

"If I had told ya, you woulda' tried to stop me," Daryl defended himself.

"Yeah, I would've," CJ replied, obviously pissed off. "Because it goes against the entire plan Rick laid out."

"We didn't know if that plan was gonna play out in the end," Daryl sighed. "This way, the Saviors ain't got no choice but to surrender."

"Except, they do have a choice," CJ retorted. "With the herd outside, they were trapped. All you did was blow a hole into the front of the building, giving them an exit. Everything was set up the way it was supposed to be. Now, if they get out-"

"They'll surrender," Daryl cut her off. "We destroyed them speakers they were takin' to lead the herd away. The walkers will get inside to lower level, keep 'em trapped. They'll have no way out."

"Daryl, there are innocent people in that place," CJ responded. "Other prisoners, Negan's wives, the families that live there and work for points, and you have put all of them in danger. What, you think Negan's just gonna give up because you drove a truck into his place?"

"Look, we rammed the truck to the right of the building," Daryl explained, softening his tone a little. "The prisoners are kept on the other side. They're cut off from the rest of the place. Negan and his crew are the only ones in danger."

"Daryl," CJ shook her head.

"CJ, it worked, alright?" he said. "The walkers flooded in and filled the bottom level. Morgan and the other snipers are keepin' an eye on the place. Negan gets out, they'll see him comin'."

CJ closed her eyes as she let out a sigh and shook her head. "You messed up, Daryl. You shouldn't have gone."

"It needed to be done," Daryl replied. "The place is open. We can roll in, tell 'em to give up and they will. We end it."

"What is wrong with you?" CJ asked. "The last couple days, you've been nothing but blunt and distant. Not just with me, but with everything. Rick noticed too. When you killed Morales."

"I told ya already," Daryl sighed, running his hand through his hair. "I thought he was about to kill ya. As for everythin' else, what do you want me to say? In that place is the man that hurt you even before the world went to shit. Then he almost killed ya, and I thought you were gone. Can't blame me for wantin' it all to be over."

"Stop doing that," CJ snapped.

"Doing what?" he questioned.

"Using me as an excuse," she said. "You keep thinking back to what happened. I get it. You thought you lost me. Shit, I..." she paused and took a deep breath. "I thought I lost you too. But we're both here. Together, now. Yet, you seem to just be pushing me away."

"That ain't what I'm doin'," Daryl mumbled.

"Then what are you doing, Daryl?" CJ asked quietly. "I asked you outright what you were doing with Tara, and you told me it was nothing. You lied to me. You didn't even tell me you were goin' out, I had to hear it from Tobin. What's Rick gonna say when he finds out?"

"This ain't about Rick," Daryl snapped. "This is about ending the fight, and I'm tryna do that. So, the people here can go back their lives. So, none a' us gotta deal with Negan's shit anymore. I'm doin' something. I made a call. It'll work."