Part 35 (Goodnight, Love)

An alarm started blaring soon after CJ and the others made it inside. Their cell block was full of walkers so they were forced to go into the almost pitch-black halls. They seemed to be coming from everywhere. It made no sense to CJ how they could've gotten in at all, let alone this many. But there was no time to worry about that. They needed to find a place to hide.

Walking through the corridors, Carl and Maggie lead the way. Lori walked behind them and CJ stayed at the back, keeping an eye behind them to make sure no walkers were following them. Lori suddenly stopped and leaned against the wall.

"Lori, you gotta keep up," Maggie said, putting a hand on Lori's back.

"Something's not right," Lori replied.

"Are you bit?!" Carl asked his mother worriedly.

"No, no," she answered. "I think the baby is coming."

As she spoke, more walkers appeared around the corner, clearly riled up by the loud alarm. "Maggie, hold onto Lori!" CJ instructed, gesturing for the three of them to follow her. "Turn back, come on!"

Lori was crying in pain as Carl and CJ lead her and Maggie though the halls. Just as they were about to turn a corner, the shadows of more walkers appeared on the walls and the growls grew louder once again. Carl ran back the other way and CJ helped Maggie with Lori to follow him.

"In here!" he called out when he found the door to some kind of boiler room.

They helped Lori down the stairs but the lock on the door was broken which meant they had to be completely silent until they were sure there were no walkers left in the halls. Carl ran around checking the room was clear whilst the three women waited at the bottom of the stairs. CJ held both her knives, her eyes trained on the door in case any walkers got in. Luckily, none did and the moans of the dead eventually quietened.

Lori gasped and clung onto a metal pipe on the wall. CJ rubbed her back in an attempt to calm her down. "Just breathe, you're okay."

"What are those alarms?" Lori asked breathlessly.

"Don't worry about it," Maggie replied as Lori went further into the room.

"What if it attracts them?" Carl asked.

"Lori, let's lay you down," Maggie said.

"No. Baby's coming now," Lori replied.

"We have to get back to our cell block," Carl said. "And have Hershel help-"

"We can't risk getting stuck out there," CJ cut him off.

"Lori, you're gonna have to do this here," Maggie told her.

"Great," Lori sighed. She started breathing heavily and Maggie kept rubbing her back.

"What's she doing?" Carl asked. "Can't she breathe?"

"She's fine," Maggie answered. "Come on, let's get your pants off." Lori lay down on the ground as she caught her breath.

CJ put her hand on Carl's shoulder, seeing her was panicking. "You're gonna have to help deliver your baby brother or sister, you up for it?" she asked him.

"Yeah," Carl whispered, not taking his eyes off of Lori.

Maggie got Lori's pants off and chucked them aside. "I'm gonna examine you, see if you're dilated," she told her.

"You know how?" Carl asked.

"Dad taught me, but trust me it's my first time." Maggie paused as she examined Lori. "I can't tell," she muttered.